➷ Dio | Perspective

Perspective | Part 1 of 3 》

What's mine is yours, but truly, I want it to only be mine.

Even though he didn't wish to be there, the ball held for his adoptive father's birthday was going exceedingly well. Standing off to the far side of the ballroom and in the shadows, Dio ignores the women who try to entice him for a dance. Instead, his gaze is focused on the dancefloor and on one sickeningly loving couple in particular.

Dio's eyes were filled with malice, dark emotions brewing in the pit of his stomach as he watches you dance with your fiancé. The sight of your loving smiling face directed at Jonathan left him feeling empty, his heart unpleasantly withering at the sight.

Jonathan didn't deserve you.

The mere thought of you belonging to another man, to Jonathan, other than him made him feel murderous.

Jonathan didn't deserve you.

The sight of the simple yet pretty engagement ring sitting on your finger made him sneer, eyes narrowing further in bitter resentment. Yet, the simmering anger that was prone to burst from within him was halted the moment the dance came to a stop. He watches as you gently wave off Jonathan with a smile and kiss to the cheek, the man most likely going to check up on his father.

After that, your gaze was curious, searching, before falling upon his brooding form in the shadows. The innocent smile you directed toward him drew him in, his body moving forward without him realizing till he was stopping to stand in front of you. The soft music surrounding him and you have his heart fluttering in his chest as he tries to refrain from pulling you into an immoral yet much desired kiss.

Instead, he offers you his hand as he inquires, "May I have this dance?"

"Yes, you may," you smile in return as you take it.

As he leads you into the slow dance, his hand clasped in yours along with your body almost intimately pressing close, he comes to a conclusion.

Jonathan didn't deserve you so, he would never have you.

In the end, you would be in your rightful place, in his arms by his side.

You'd finally become his wife. 

Dio would make sure of it.