➷ Giorno | Retrieval

He's here to take back what belongs to him.

The loud crying of your baby from the monitor roused you awake in an instant. Yawning softly you threw off your covers and hurried off into the nursery.

"It's alright, baby," you coo the moment you stepped into the nursery, "Mama's here."

Scooping up your child, you hold him close to your chest before humming a soft melody. The loud whines and sniffles were easily settled down from your gentle ministrations, causing a smile to curl upon your lips. You begin to sway gently as you nuzzled your cheek against the soft locks of your son's head, your eyes fluttering close as you continue to hum.

Your peaceful atmosphere is interrupted the moment a familiar voice whispers, "I knew you'd make a wonderful mother."

Your soft humming slows to a stop as your eyes snap open in surprise. Holding your son protectively close you turn slowly to see Giorno. The man was leaning against the door with his arms crossed, a soft smile on his face.

"How did you find us," you whisper, mindful of the sleeping baby in your arms.

"I have eyes and ears everywhere, amor," he replies, "Even in places that are considered the middle of nowhere."

He chuckles softly as he moves to stand in front of you, his gaze focused on the baby in your arms.

His son.

His smile grows fonder as he slowly moves to caress his son's head, before pausing the moment you take a step back. The sight of his frown causes you to tense up, your arms tightening slightly to protect your precious cargo.

You were afraid he'd take your son from you.

Giorno sighs softly at your reaction before moving to gently cup your face. Tilting your head up, he stares into your teary [e/c] eyes before saying, "I've come to collect my family, [Y/n]. I want nothing more than to have you and our son in my arms."

Your eyes widened slightly from his statement. This response was not something you had expected from him. After all, you presumed he'd be furious with you the moment you ran away with your son.

Instead, the man was gazing at you with a loving expression. You tried to ignore the soft fluttering of your heart yet it was too hard to do. Even though you promised yourself you wouldn't go back to him, it was easily broken.

"Damn it, Giorno," you sniffle as you lightly hit his chest with your fist, "You're such a bastard."

Just from your response, he knew you still loved him.

Sighing softly you say, "Just promise me one thing."

Caressing your cheek softly he replies, "I'll do anything you ask of me."

Looking him straight in the eyes you demand, "If anything were to happen, no matter what, you'll protect our son."

Wiping away your tears he presses a tender kiss to your lips before pulling away and saying, "I promise I'll never let any harm occur to you or our son. I'll make sure of it."

"