Chapter 3

Mide's loud cry soon calmed me. I quietly carried her, changed her napkin, breastfed her and sang a lullaby to her. Bayonle choose that moment to enter the room.

"Have you packed all your belongings?"he asked coldly.

I swallowed hard and stared at him pleadingly.

"Please don't do this to us" i begged " we are already managing well, i will start a trade very soon". I told him with tears with my eyes.

He scratched his head uneasily and eyed me murderously. "Do you think this is life eeh?.Abeg shut up your dirty mouth. He barked before grabbing my clothes which he dump inside an old large bag. He took Mide's clothes and dumped them inside the same bag.

"Here is #500, it is transport fare to your parents house. I have tried enough for you, i wont kill myself because of you mtcheew" he hissed and threw the money at me.

I was doomed. Where will i go? My parents don't want me. I droped Mide on the bed, knelt and begged him.

"Bayonle please dont do this to me. Where will i go? Please". I begged and begged him again and again. Instead of him to take pity, he got more angry and gave me the beating of my life. He grabbed my bag and threw it out of his room.

"I'll do the same to you and the baby if you don't get out of my room now". he threatened.

I stared at him broken hearted and angry, cursing the day i granted him access to my body. I am in this predicament because i allowed sweet nonsense to move me and fall in love with the he goat. A very stupid mistake on my part. Chai what will i do now. I cried as i continue to beg the he goat and even the neighbors also help me in begging him but he said he no longer love me.

Today was Suppose to be my happiest day because it was my birthday.