chapter 5

"Good day Dad". I greeted fearfully as my father approached me, but he simply gave me a terrible look, spat and shook his head.

"You are no daughter of mine, you are a big disgrace to this family,just look at yourself and what you have done to your future". He said with an angry voice and entered mama's shop. I fell to the ground crying my heart out. My parents deserted me when i needed them most.

"Dear Lord,please kill me now o because i am tired. Wetin i do sef? Na belle i carry now, i no kill person. To born picken na crime". I knelt down crying and cursing my life.

People passed by and watched me silently. Some laughed, some were abusing me, some shrugged and cursed my parents,some looked at me with pity, but none came forward to help me. Not even my sisters.

I trekked the long journey back to my landlady's shop with a broken spirit and weak body. There were tears in her eyes as she saw me walk in. She quickly offered me a chair before giving me a plate of rice. I really would have died that fateful day if not for her.

I can never forgot all she did for me. My landlady fondly call Mama Ada owns a food joint she manage to feed herself and her three children. Her husband is a drunkard who drinks ogogoro from morning till night.   This make Mama Ada to work hard and take care of her children alone.

"Don't worry i will talk to Bayonle when he comes back. I don't understand the boys of nowadays. You will impregnate a girl but will refuse to take responsibility"

"Mama Ada what will i do if he refuses to allow me stay" i said sorrowfully.

I was really worried as we waited for him to come home,but to my extreme surprise, he came home by 9:30pm dragging a strange woman who looked like a whore with him. I was heartbroken, dejected and in tears. Mama Ada shrugged and simply held me as i cried.

"That is what some of the things we poor women face in life. Don't let it bother you".she calmly advised. But something deep down told me i had lost Bayonle forever.

The little hopes i had were dashed at that moment.

********
Hello guys, please read, vote and comment. I would really like to hear from you. ❤❤❤❤