Chapter 4

"My dear stop crying and think of your baby. Crying will not help o". Our landlady advised me as she led me into her apartment.

"My life is useless i feel like dying" i cried.

" my dear i advise you leave your bag here and go to your family and see if they will accept you back". She advice me when i calmed down a little bit. I cleaned my eyes and backed Mide.

"I pray they do or else am stranded and doomed". I murmured with a broken spirit. Knowing the kind of parents i had, only divine intervention will make them accept me back.

I had no choice than to try my luck one again. I trekked a long distance so as to save the money Bayonle gave me. I was weak with hunger before i got to my parents house. I saw my mom sitting in her shop in front of the house. I sat down even when she did not bother to offer me a seat. The fire in her eyes died when she saw the state i was. Her eyes filled with tears as she looked at me and my baby. She looked at me with pity. Other mothers would have reached out and hugged their daughter and grandchild, but she didn't, instead stared at us with pity.

Even though she did not support my dads harsh judgment towards me, she did not begged him not to send me out of the house, perhaps maybe because i  had three other sisters and needed to protect them by using my punishment as a lesson and example to them.

"Mum please help me,i have nowhere to go. Bayonle threw me out of his house this morning". I sobbed and knelt by her side with little Mide in my arms. She scratched her head and looked at the ceiling.

"Have you eaten today?. I heard her ask me.

"No. mum food is not my problem now. Please help me beg father to allow me come back home" i cried to her.

" i have rice will you eat?" She said pretending as if she did not hear me. She went inside the house to bring the food and dropped it on a small stool and reluctantly carried Mide while i ate the food.

*******
"please eat fast,because you have to leave before your father meet you here. I don't want his wahala today o".she urged. I looked at her and shook my head. My own mother does not want to see me. I did not commit murder o, i only carry belle which was my crime. I finished my food and thanked her.

"Now you can leave abeg". She murmured and dipped her hand into her bag and gave me # 50.

"Use the money to buy akamu(pap) for Mide". She added coldly .

"Mum i have no where to go o".i reminded her but all she did was to  shrug.

" its non of my business. You aren't our responsibility anymore. If you have anything to say then tell your father not me".she replied nervously.

"Mum i know i brought shame to this family and i have no excuse but please mum have mercy and talk to daddy for me now, please mum am begging you" i begged her holding her wrapper.

"Wait for your daddy to come and tender your case to him. I don't want  wahala". She removed my hand from her wrapper and entered the house.

I stood outside and waited for my father at least to give it a trial too. what will be will be. Let it happen now i said to myself as i waited for him to finish me.