chapter 9

I knocked on Cassy's door thrice before she opened it. I greeted her, she yawned, looked at the wall clock hanging on the wall. It was 5:45am.

"how was your night"she asked

"Fine"i replied

She made to usher me in perhaps to hear me say 'yes' to her ridiculous proposer but i did not enter .she noticed and asked if there's any problem.

"I want to see my child"i told her

She looked at me as it i had grown two head over night. After much staring, she told me my child is with the nursery mistress.

"Where do i find the mistress"i asked

She said nothing. All she did was walk into her room and come back with a small bag. She handed it over to me.

"This is the money we talked about, i have taken your daughter as mine already. Go and get ready with the other girls you are going on your first outing with them today". She said and shut the door.

"Noo i dont want your money oo, give me back my daughter. I don't want to stay here anymore. Give me my daughter o so i can leave o". I continued shouting and banging on her door. I threw away the money. I can never exchange my Mide for money, the first fruit of my womb.

I was still shouting when three hefty men came out of nowhere and ordered me to keep quite. I refused and one of them gave  me the hardest slap i ever received since i was born. I had no choice than to keep quite amidst sobs.

They locked me up in one room. I knew Cassy ordered them to do that. I cried bitterly, prayed to God to save my daughter and i, forgive me for i had sinned by sleeping with Bayonle while not married to him. i cursed the day i met him. Through out that day i was locked up with no food or water and i became so weak ,yet i still cried and prayed to God.

It was  around 10:00pm that i heard the door opened slightly. Bisi creeped  in and signaled for me to keep quite. She locked the door and gave me food.

"I saw what happened. I have been looking for a chance to bring you something but i found none. Pls eat the food fast before Cassy finds me here. she whispered.

After eating, she told me Cassy locked me up so that i will die of starvation. Bisi said Cassy has killed  countless girls in that manner. I was really surprised that i gave out aloud gasp.

"But because i found out you are a nice person, i decided to help you. I put something in that three men's drink to make them sleep. I want you to escape". She said.

I was really touched with this kind of kindness.

" But how do i escape without my daughter?"i asked

It was the Bisi told me that my daughter has been taken away. she gave me some money, led me careful out of the house and bade me safe journey.

'Thank you so much Bisi,God will bless you".i said as i left.

I looked in the darkness of the night with great fear,not knowing where to go, i wondered if i could survive the night and if i could ever see my daughter again.

           ***************
I really hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please leave a comment and vote. Thanks.❤❤❤