chapter 6

"What will i do now"i sobbed uncontrollably.

"Nothing my dear, absolutely nothing".Mama Ada calmly replied and held me.

"Where will i lay my head tonight? Where will i go from here?" I asked unhappily.

"My dear do trust in God. He alone do has the control over our destiny, don't give up. My husband will not tolerate you staying with us but you can manage the store (storage room). It is very spacious and there is an old mattress in it. She said to me as i sobbed.

I instantly looked at her hopefully, i never expected her to help me again.  This gave me hope and joy that all will be well.

"You can stay there until you get a better accommodation, you can also come work with me in my restaurant and make small money for yourself, at least with it you can make better plans for your future. I just wish am a rich woman, i would have helped you more". She murmured.

"Oh don't bother ma, you have done more than enough for me. Something my own mother couldn't do for me".i answered gratefully.

       *********************

That was how i found myself in Mama Ada's care. I slept in her store by night, work in her restaurant during the day. I worked tirelessly as i tried to discard my sorrow and earn something descent for myself.

Bayonle never lifted a finger to help me or ask after his daughter's welfare even though we see each other everyday, instead he continues to make me jealous by bringing different girls to his room. His actions pained me a lot but i pretended as if i did not care. I held my pride, suffered silently and never begged him for anything.

Three months i suffered and toiled under Mama Ada's care until when a good looking middle aged woman who patronized her restaurant came into my life offering to help me raise my child. Her sweet tongue and behaviour really convinced me of her good intentions that without second thoughts i accepted her help against Mama Ada's reservations.

A week later i moved into the woman's house without giving it a second thought.

Little did i know that misfortune awaits me.