chapter 13

I was infuriated when i saw the wicked woman. After so many years i still feel like strangling her. So she is the one troubling my family abi?. This is the time to take total revenge on her for what she did to me and and still doing to my family.

She was stunned and speechless on seeing my daughter and I. I gave her the evil smile as i saw confusion written all over her. She came to remind my patents that the next hearing in court is the next day. She drove out of our compound without saying  another word.

I entered the house with my parent and narrated all my ordeal with Cassy to my mother. She cried bitterly and thank God for saving my life.

My father came in and i stood up. I thought he would yell at me and tell me i was not his daughter and that i should get out but i was shocked when he embraced me and started pleading for forgiveness amidst sobs.

He said he has finally realized his foolishness for forsaking me. When my three sisters died, they became childless. I had to forgive him,he's my father after all. The only person i can never forgive is Bayonle and his stupid request for my daughter. I would never give him my daughter.

In court next day, Cassy didn't believe her eyes. She didn't know i had become a lawyer. I defended my parents as i overpowered Cassy's lawyer. I spoke English upon English with questions to silence my opponent lawyer. I told the entire court that Cassy forged the documents.

I also brought up the Case of child trafficking in addition to the one at hand. The chief judge asked me how i got to know. I told him i knew for long but had no evidence to bring her to book.

I told them what i went through with her but made sure not to mention Yinka and Bisi in the story.

Cassy was handcuffed and held in custody while her house was searched. The number of girls in her house has reduced. I sought out Bisi but i couldn't find her among the girls rescued. Some rooms were broken into and after everything, four human heads and two girls in different rooms where found. The girls were at the point of death as they were starved of food and water. This is enough evidence to lock her up for life.

We returned to the court with the human heads and the girls in her custody. It was shown to everyone in the court and there was great commotion in the court. order was called for. Cassy's lawyer was too stunned to say anything and so, i fired condemning  the wicked act and reminding the chief judge that such act of wickedness attract death penalty.

At the end of everything, the land case was dismissed. Victory was ours and my parents were so happy and shed tears of joy. They embraced me and i was fulfilled that at last i made my parents proud of me. Mt father called me a great daughter and i was happy.

Cassy was sentenced to death by firing squad. I waved her goodbye with an  evil smile on my face telling her everybody must definitely  reap what he or she sows.

The black maria took her away. The court would later lock her house and any other properties she owned.

Just as i was about to leave the court, a man was led into the court for another case hearing. He looked like someone i know. I stared at him again. Yes, it Yinka.  That's surely Yinka. My parents asked if i knew him and i told them he was the guy that saved me from Cassy, together with another lady Bisi.

I decided to defend him. He had killed someone. The case was a tough one.
I went close to him and whispered  into his ears to say he was not guilty that it was two men fighting.

The case seemed tough but on the next hearing i won the case for him. He expressed gratitude because he knew the court would have sentenced him to life imprisonment or death as he had no one to defend him.

I asked him about Bisi and he told me she died previous year. I wept and prayed for her wherever she may be. I advised Yinka to start up a good business and leave the life of thuggery.

On getting home one day, i saw Bayonle waiting for me. He was begging for my forgiveness . My parents begged me to forgive him. My daughter heard our conversation and demanded for an explanation. I explained everything to her not leaving how her father sent us out of his house.

Bayonle continued to beg but i forgave him on a condition that my daughter remains with me but he can come check on her anytime he wants. He was so happy and shedding tears. He embraced her daughter and also asked for Mide's forgiveness.

I later got married to Yinka. He has changed a lot and also runs a lucrative business fetching him cool money.  I was a happy women and thanked God for everything. My mistake of getting pregnant before marriage almost ruined my life but at last, i was successful and it was a beautiful mistake.

      *************End***********
Hope you enjoyed the book. Thanks for reading it.❤❤❤❤