7. The Regal Queen

The reporters were eagerly looking at the entrance from time to time, waiting for a certain goddess to bless them with her presence. 

As long as they can capture her, their media is bound to have the headlines.

But every time they were disappointed as she still hasn't come.

One reporter finally lost his patience. He asked, "Are you all sure Qing Xi will come? After all, she never attended an award ceremony! What can make her attend this one?"

Another reporter expressed her doubt, "She should come........ The official team shouldn't lie about such a thing!" The reporter sighed, "Let's wait a little longer and see."

A black Mercedes stopped in front of the entrance. The reporters prepared to capture this public figure getting off but the one who came out completely caught them off guard.

The off-shoulder gown completely showed off her snow-white collarbones. While the golden tread spirally went down on her hands.

Each step she takes, the golden phoenix and the dragon show their proud structure. The blood-red color of the gown matched her smooth fair skin.

She looked just how reporters and fans expected her to look like. She was the perfect image of a modern empress. The empress is sitting on the throne of success. 

A film empress who is at the peak of her career, who's one world can rule the headlines for a week with the snap of her fingers.

The reporters surrounded her, wishing to ask her questions but unfortunately the bodyguards of the organizers didn't let them come close to her at all. So the reporters could only see her walking away.

Like the fox who said grapes are sour, they consoled themselves that they will ask her questions after the end of the ceremony.

While walking on the red carpet Qing Xi met Xiao Wan, the host who entertained the red carpet walkers.

Xiao Wan asked, "So Qing Xi like every year going to win the best female lead award?" Qing Xi shook her head, "Don't think so."

Xiao Wan became surprised. So, she asked, "Why?" Qing Xi couldn't say that because of the almighty plot she won't win so she sheepishly smiled and said, "I don't know why but I feel this year I won't win it."

Xiao Wan coughed after hearing Qing Xi, "So you feel you won't win yet you attend this year's awards ceremony?"

Qing Xi smiled. She didn't want to answer this one because no matter which answers she gives, she will be trapped. So it's better to be quite.

Xiao Wan understood Qing Xi's silence, after all, she is in this industry for a long time. So, after asking some more questions she let Qing Xi go.

Qing Xi's seat was on the first row. So, she walked towards the first row to find her seat but when she found her seat, she wanted to beat the person who arranged the sits.

Shi Feng saw Qing Xi and waved his hand. Cursing her fate as her seat was beside the freaking male lead, Qing Xi slowly sat down.

Qing Xi murmured, "If I get to know who planned the seats, I will make that person's life a living hell!" Shi Feng heard Qing Xi words and scratched his nose. Yep, her hatred for him reached an extreme level.

The award ceremony started. From the best newcomer to the best-supporting actress, the awards were distributed. 

Finally, the hour of honor came when the host, "Time to announce the Best Actor of this year!"

The host finally announced, "The winner of the Best Actor is.......... Ye Jue." Qing Xi smiled when she heard the name. Ye Jue, the film emperor of course will win. It's not surprising that he won. 

Shi Feng next to Qing Xi saw her looking at the man who slowly walked towards the stage wearing a black suit. Shi Feng asked Qing Xi, "Do you know him? No, to be specific do you like him?" 

Qing Xi thought for a while then said, "I think he is pleasing to eyes. He soothes my eyes which you have contaminated." 

Suddenly Qing Xi felt a burning gaze on herself. She looked and saw Ye Jue looking at her.

A beautiful smirk bloomed on Qing Xi's lips.

She looked so enchanting that Ye Jue was forced to avert his eyes. His heart started to beat faster and faster as if it wanted to come out of his chest.

Ye Jue took the award and only said thank you. He was about to get off the stage that the host stopped him and asked, "Ye Jue, who do you think worthy of being your opponent? "

Ye Jue took the mic and looked at Qing Xi.

Qing Xi had a hunch that he would take her name and proving that a women's sixth sense is always accurate Ye Jue said, "Qing Xi."

The spotlight immediately was cast upon Qing Xi. Qing Xi could helplessly smile.

While the host was in an awkward position.

 After all, Ye Jue skipped all the nominated actors and said the Goddess is his opponent. 

Isn't it insulting all the male actors that they are so incapable that he had found a female actor to be his opponent?

The host no longer asked Ye Jue any question and let him go. After all, this man is a time bomb. God knows, what next he may say!

Then the host said, "Now the Best Actress goes to........." The host took out the card and looked at it although he knew it must be Qing Xi.

But seeing the name, his body shook. He couldn't believe his eyes but still, he calmed himself down. He mustn't be unprofessional.

So he slowly announced, "Mei Yue."

Mei Yue became stunned while the whole hall became stunned. The bullet screen of the live ceremony became full of curses and surprises.

But the thing which surprised the fans most was the smile on Qing Xi's face as if she expected this result. She was the first person to clap and break the awkward atmosphere.

The fan couldn't understand her train of thought at all. 

What the heck is she thinking?