8. Kiss of Confusion

Jin Lou suddenly came beside Qing Xi's seat and said, "The organizers want you and Ye Jue to leave the venue together."

Qing Xi's lips twitched, "Of course, they would want that. After Ye Jue's announcement, it is likely that gun powder and cp powder is already on air. How could they miss such a good opportunity for publicity?"

Jin Lou asked, "Will you walk out with him?" Though Jin Lou was quite sure that Qing Xi would deny.

After all in this messy industry, Qing Xi was quite clean. She had no scandal but it doesn't mean there weren't any fake scandals!

This is the entertainment industry. One wrong step and you will drown in the deep dark sea. Especially first line actresses like Qing Xi is like an animal out of the zoo.

Reporters with their cameras are always reporting to get a piece of juicy news.

There were times that she invited her co-actor Lin Guchen to have lunch with her and the next day she went up to the headlines. The topic!

"Film Empress Qing Xi suspected to have a secret relationship with Lin Guchen!"

Not only this! There were many other headlines like...........

" Qing Xi snatches the CEO of Lan Group from his girlfriend!"

"Qing Xi is suspected to have something to do with the famous director!"

"Qing Xi is fake! Had plastic surgery!"

All the times their PR team had to work there heads off to clear these and the lawyers were already tired sending lawsuits. But these reporters won't stop at all.

So now Qing Xi is quite careful about these. But this time Qing Xi gave Jin Lou a fright, "Sure, why not? It's good publicity!"

Jin Lou looked at Qing Xi, frightened, "What did you just say?"

Qing Xi laughed, "Ms.Manager, you didn't hear wrong. I agreed to walk down with Ye Jue. Just hope that he doesn't reject me!"

Jin Lou choked then coughed and went away from Qing Xi  She called the manager of Ye Jue, Ming Rui, and told him that Qing Xi agreed.

Ming Rui walked over to Ye Jue and said, "The organizers want you and Qing Xi to leave the venue together."

Ye Jue narrowed his eyes and said, "Reject them." Ming Rui coughed, "But Qing Xi already agreed!"

Ye Jue became stunned. His whole body felt like boiling because of excitement. She agreed!

Without thinking twice he said, "Ok then." After giving an answer he groaned, he was supposed to keep his distance from Qing Xi!

Min Rui smirked looking at the cold faced Ye Jue then left.

When the award ceremony finished, many guests started to leave the venue.

Shi Feng went to fetch Mei Yue. Just as Qing Xi's about to get up, a hand was stretched in front of her. She looked and saw the cold face of Ye Jue.

An enchanting smile bloomed on Qing Xi's lips, making people unable to take their eyes off Ye Jue also fell for the beauty trap. Qing Xi's smile became bigger seeing the red ears of Ye Jue. Yep, foolish man fell for her beauty trap.

Qing Xi suddenly broke into laughter. Her voice was soothing. So the laughter felt quite pleasing in Ye Jue's ear.

But he couldn't understand why was she laughing. So, he asked, "Why are you laughing?"

Qing Xi shook her head in denial and replied, "Nothing."

When these two came out together, all reporters became stunned. They just heard Ye Jue declared Qing Xi as his opponent and now these two came out together!!

Immediately all of them started to take their photos. Suddenly a reporter asked, "Qing Xi, do you have something to do with Ye Jue?"

Qing Xi smiled, "Why? Trying to make another headline? Qing Xi and Ye Jue secretly dating? I thought you all had finally given up on me!"

The reporter awkwardly smiled. He was once involved in one of Qing Xi's fake scandals.

Qing Xi smirked then suddenly grabbed Ye Jue's collar and yanked him towards herself and with a quick movement she planted a kiss on Ye Jue's cheek.

This completely caught the reporter and Ye Jue off guard. Ye Jue caressed his cheek and glared at Qing Xi.

Qing xi showed her tongue and then said to the reporters, "I pulled a bold move here. Now it's your turn to find out if I and Ye Jue really have a relationship or not. No need to thank me. Best of luck!"

Then she smirked, "I assume tomorrow I will see a headline 'The hidden relation between Qing Xi and Ye Jue', won't I?".

The reporters coughed. Well, that's definitely the name of the headline they had in their mind but the thing is they cannot understand, is Qing Xi making a fool out of them or truth is hidden behind her mockery!

Then completely ignoring Ye Jue, Qing Xi walked forward and entered her car. While the poor Ye Jue was left to deal with the noisy reporters.

Min Rui came and helped Ye Jue to get out of the crowd. 

After getting on the car Min Rui said, "Ye Jue, I know you are attracted to her and I can see an intention in her movement."

Ye Jue coldly spat, "She and I aren't meant to be."

Min Rui laughed, "Ye Jue what do you think you are? You are a lamb who washed his neck and now waiting to be cut off."

Ye Jue frowned. Min Rui said, "In my list, Qing Xi is number one black-bellied person. She will get what she wants. And you........ you are easy peasy for her to deal with."

Ye Jue confidently said, "I can avoid her." 

Min Rui teased, "Yeah I saw how you avoided her today. Use the tissue to remove the red lip mark from your cheek."

Ye Jue became ashamed. He obediently took the tissue and rubbed his cheek though he was quite unwilling to wipe the mark in his heart.

Min Rui saw Ye Jue's reaction and sighed. The guy is already doomed.