V

Chapter V: Embrace

~~~~~

"We're going to bake a bread and a cake too." You chuckled. Everyone got their mood up then you tell them the things that needed to do, they're all ready and split up. You stand up and you feel a little bit dizzy but Alice told you to drink your medicine, you pick up and swallowed your medicine.

You opened the door and go to the kitchen. While walking through the hallway, you saw a pale man then he saw, "Oh, what a coincidence." The man said, "You already looking good, Princess, I saw everyone were focusing something."

"Oh, it's just a little surprise to Dyrroth, he didn't came in to my chamber, u-umm—"

"I apologize, my name is Moskov, I'm also lived here in the castle. Did something happened to Dyrroth?" Moskov introduced and asked, "Did you two got into fight?"

You shake your head.

"Is it because you passed out earlier?"

"I think so.." You said, "Moskov, do you know where the kitchen is?"

"Oh, it's in the left corner then you'll see the kitchen, your highness." He pointed out then you thank him.

"I wondered what should I put on the cake maybe something gloomy that would made him feel little bit better to him." You smiled then went inside of the kitchen which it's kind of a bit messed, "Where should I start..?" You started to wiped of the table to make it clean and spotless.

You started to enjoyed yourself by cleaning the tables and the counter then cleaning the floor. While cleaning, you starts to sing of your sister's lullaby.

O hush my little child,
I shall sleep with you...
Once I was gone
You may sing my lullaby.

You hummed and stopped thinking of your past, "It is awkward to remember such a horrible past..." You muttered. You heard a rumbling sound to the stocking room, "Who's there?" You said and grabbed the broom. You slowly walked and opened the wooden door then take a peek. It's a bit darker that it is, you went inside then saw a silhouette through the fog.

"Aero..." You casted your spell to see it clearly then you saw something.

".. Dyrroth..." You called him and he kept quiet, "You're worrying me, Dyrroth." You reached your hand then he slapped your hand.

He widened his eyes then looked away, ".. I'm sorry... I didn't mean to."

You hugged him.

"It's okay, pumpkin." You said, "I know you were hurt and it's not your fault. You're not the only one who is making the mistake." He kept quiet and rest on your shoulder. You stroke your hand to his silvered messy hair then his horns, he shivered as you touched it. "I-I'm sorry, I accidentally slip my han—"

"(y/n), you should've been told me that.." He winced and showed his cute face close to your face. Your face turns red as you saw him. You broke the hug and cover your face, "What's the matter, Princ—" He stopped then he looked away.

".. Dyrroth~" You said, "I-I gotta go now and please go to your room!" You runaway and slammed the door.

"Ah there you are, Princess!" Selena brought a bag of wheat flour then a bucket of water. "What were you doing at that room?" You blushed then shakes your head.

"I-I was just cleaning, is there something wrong?" She didn't replied but put the wheat flour, "How did you already put it on the flour?"

"Oh, the demon folks told me. I mean they're humans back then which means they knew how to make a so-called human ingredients." She explained.

"Oh I see." You said.

Before Selena go, you told her to bring Alice along with her inside of the kitchen, "What's the reason, Princess?" She said with a curious looking, "To teach them how to make and bake." You whispered, "Also make sure Dyrroth isn't around the hallway."

You looked inside again if Dyrroth is no longer there. You sigh in relief then remember what you two did earlier, it turns out you felt your face turns red then snapped yourself out.

The girls finally arrived then you teached and explained the procedures of how to make a cake and also bread, they seemed enjoyed then someone entered the kitchen. Thamuz watched them as they were enjoying their baking then Moskov and Helcurt were in charge watching over to the Prince.

Hours passes, they finally made a homemade cake and a fresh bake bread for their lunch, they'd a great job for a Prince. They tried the bread as the three demons bite their bread, they're amazed. Selena violently shakes you surprisingly and squirmed a bit.

"Ah~ It's so good, Princess..." She moaned as she take a bite.

"Is this allowed? You know someone is reading and watching this." They fell silent as everyone heard what Alice said, "I mean I want more!"

"So, what's the cake taste like?" Thamuz is about to reached his hand to the cake then Selena summoned her pet then eat its hand. Thamuz screamed, "What was that for!"

"We'll eat that later until we surprise it to Dyrroth." You said.

"Then what are we waiting for?"

"The plan is we need to bring him here with his blindfold on." Everyone ran through its distance and find Dyrroth. You sat and rest while watching the cake, you were thinking about the empire and your big sister ruling all by herself. She doesn't care about you when you turned 7 because that's when you locked up at the tower alone. She doesn't want you to leave the castle, she doesn't want you to hurt anyone... She wants you to protect. As you turned 18, you wished that you could get out of the castle but your sister refused you so you runaway that day then met the Prince and the others.

You felt leaking down your cheek, you were happy but sad at the same time. Someone embraced you around your body, "Shh.." He said it gentle, "It's okay, we're here, Princess." You knew Dyrroth was the one who confronted you because of his voice. You turned around and hugged him back as you cry more, ".. You're here now, you're safe from now on..."

As you looked at each other, he leaned in and kissed your forehead.

".. Thank you for coming into my life, (y/n)."