4. Need No Worries

"And this is the living room," Latoya said to Anita, finishing the tour of the Jacksons house.

Latoya had already showed Anita practically everywhere. Kitchen, bathroom, rooms, dining room-name it.

Sighing in comfortable relief, they sat down on the cream, wide sofa.

Anita was grateful that the other Jacksons were outside relaxing. She needed time to think about how she was going to present herself.

"This house is really nice. It's really pretty. I like it a lot," Anita told her.

"Thanks. So..speaking on the topic of 'liking', has anybody caught your eye? A nice boy?" Latoya asked her slyly.

Oh no.....Does she know about Michael? I only gave him a book...goodness....Anita worried.

"Really? No..I don't put myself in that type of position. I'm not really into all that stuff," Anita fibbed quite greatly, images of Michael instantly entering her mind.

"Why?" Latoya inquisited.

"I don't know, I'm just not. So...how about you? Any guy caught your eye?" Anita asked with teasing suspicion and also tried to divert attention which successfully worked.

"...Hm....yeah," Latoya mumbled.

"What? Did I hear....maybe a yes?" Anita gestured with her hands near her ears and chuckled.

"His name is Armani. I love that name it reminds me of diamonds-I have absolutely no clue why. We met at an awards ceremony about three weeks ago. He's the son of Bob Marley, he was visiting America for a bit. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love his personality I swear I do not care about his fame-he's funny and kind. But he is also fine! So fine! We exchanged numbers and we have talked over the phone. But now.... I just don't know what to do!" she sighed.

"Ok, Latoya-let me just give it to you. Honestly, I think you just need to chill. I hope I'm not offending you by the way. Anyway, you've only known each other officially for less than three weeks? Now you think it's time for all the serious falling in love? No girl..you've got to give it time. Just let your friendship unfold then eventually you will know what to do. Your instincts will tell you," Anita advised her.

Whoa...where did that come from? Anita thought deeply.

"Thank you so much. And no you did not offend me, you give great advice whatever the weather. Also I'd like to thank you for being honest, most people aren't honest," Latoya softly said, looking down at her lap.

Anita smiled and lay a hand on Latoya's shoulder. "Who?"

Latoya looked up. "People. Just people. Boys, girls and adults. All because of my brothers. They lie.....they pretend to be interested in me. Their acting is so good..I fall for it. And it's all because of my brothers and my fame. That's why I do not go to school. I cannot allow myself to go through that process again. I can't allow myself to get hurt. I just can't..."

Anita stroked her shoulder.

"Look at me...pouring this all out to you as if I know you. I've only known you for a couple of hours and I feel like I can trust you. Why do I allow myself to be lured...I'm so stupid!" Tears began to escape out of Latoya's brown, beautiful eyes.

"Please don't cry...I swear I'm not like those people, I swear I am not," Anita soothed.

"Yes you are! You're all like them! You really hate me! You really do!" Latoya punched both of her thighs.

Anita wrapped her long arms around her and allowed Latoya to sob into her jumper.

Anita did not think much of that jumper anyway...