12. Mystery Possibilities

This was our first argument. I said mean things that I regretted. I loved the beach...and the presence of you. Beautiful. I wish I could change things now...and find a better way to make things right. But it's too broken to be fixed...

Anita looked around her. Where was James? Where was he? She exited the show and roamed around the pavements.

A large house with a slightly open door came into her sight. She could hear whispers and audible chuckles.

She slowly opened the door and entered the house. Lights shined, music blasted and loud voices came.

"There's my birthday girl!" James yelled laughing.

Guests laughed and cheered. Anita put on a wide smile.

People wished her Happy Birthday and happily chatted with her.

Anita felt a bit....insecure. She felt like she was being watched. She rubbed her neck, as her hairs on her neck rose.

She turned around. It was Michael. Watching her, staring at her and gazing at her.

Her eyes made her way down to the floor. Then she turned away.

Get lost Michael...just quit with it already! Anita thought, seriously annoyed.

A loud voice through speakers boomed the room.

"Listen up everybody. I would like to thank all of you for coming. Thank you for being here. And I would also like to thank my daughter Anita, for being her. Anita if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be able to live and carry through life. I wouldn't be me. I can't believe you're fifteen already, I just can't believe it. You've grown up to be a mature,beautiful and caring young lady. And I can't begin to say, how much I love you. Happy Birthday Anita," James said tearfully, a microphone in his hand.

The whole room was astonished by his speech. Anita felt so loved by James, so loved.

Their eyes locked. The love between a father and daughter...can't be broken.

James made his way over to Anita. She realised he had a purple envelope in his hand and a package.

James handed the items over to Anita. Then pulled her into a tight hug.

Guests gave 'ahs' and 'oohs'. Some were even crying.

"I love you so much, you know that?" James whispered to her, crying a little.

"I do. I love you too. Don't cry Dad, please don't cry," Anita whispered, biting tears back.

They pulled away from each other and smiled.

"Happy Birthday, to my strong girl!" James shouted, happiness bubbling inside him.

He started to sing happy birthday, then eventually everybody else did.

Anita smiled shyly and blushed.

A while after, Anita started to head out of the house.

"Anita! Where are you going?" James asked.

"I just want to clear my head out, that's all," Anita said innocently.

"But..why?" James said.

"Dad stop! I've said I'm going to clear my head out! Why? Because I want to!" Anita hissed, angry.

James sighed.

"Dad, I never meant..."

But James had already turned his back and left her alone.