8. Melody's Numbers

Anita woke from her bed. She was extremely relaxed. What happened yesterday was just like a fairytale...a happy fairytale. It was so magical...so delicate..it seemed like all a fantasy.

James still wasn't at home. Apparently, he had a week trip to London, to discuss 'business'.

Anita punched her legs furiously. Why was James drifting apart from Anita? Why was everything all about music and business? It seemed like he did not care for Anita. She pushed the thought of those situations and thought of Michael. His hair, his smile, his presence and aura. Michael's aura was just..nice. He smelt like newly cut flowers and roses. That's what made Anita feel so secure.

She looked over at her calendar which was just beside her on her bedside table.

August 28th....

One more day until Michael's Birthday...

Anita knew Michael did not celebrate his birthday. But she wanted to give Michael something special..something true.

She knew exactly what to give him. And it was going to be from the bottom of her heart.

Anita cleaned herself and dressed up. She wore a black long sleeved top and blue overalls. Anita had packed up her hair and was ready to start. She had newspaper everywhere to avoid any type of accident.

She took a massive piece of paper. She had all her special pencils which were all in different shapes and sizes. She had all the colours of the rainbow paint. Which was quite expensive but it didn't matter..because it was for Michael.

Anita's special pencil came in contact. She drew the outline of four people. She drew Peter, then Wendy. The other two were just like little dots. They were not really seen.

She drew a large ship. Then she added all the embellishments. She drew outlines of clouds,mountains,the sea and trees with plants. A moon was drawn. Few waterfalls were drawn. Anita drew and drew, making everything leap to perfection.

This took her all about five hours. When she was done she started painting with a fine brush.

She painted Peter Pan's clothes emerald and his hair ginger. Wendy's dress was painted white and her hair chocolate brown. She painted the sky turquoise and used a smoky grey paint to create drifting clouds. The ship were different shades of brown. The trees were dark green and the sea a dark blue. She coloured in waterfalls and scraped her brush across the side of the paper to create sand.

She carried on, making sure each part was neatly painted and immaculate.

It was midnight. Anita's hands were red and swollen. Her head ached. Her arms were over worked.

Her painting was done. At the back of the painting she took a permanent marker and in her best writing she wrote, From Anita. Fly To Neverland.

She stood up and put the painting standing upright next to her wardrobe.

She changed into her nightdress and collapsed on her bed, not even bothering to wrap the covers around her.

It was cold..but she thought of Michael and warmth hit her.

She closed her eyes and drifted to sleep. And she did not think of Michael, she thought of Neverland. The possibilities...

Anita was cleaned up and dressed. She wore a denim dungaree dress that went past her knees. She had black flats on which healed her feet which were beginning to ache. Her long afro hair was plaited to the back.

She had already framed the painting. The frame was golden and shined. She was ready.

She made her way downstairs and checked that everywhere was secured. Then she headed out of the door and locked it.