5. Bonds Of The Unknown Past

A while after Marlon left and ended his 'flirting match', Anita went straight back to drawing in her leather sketchbook.

Plants dwindled, growth grew and lines took shape.

"How are you Anita?" a mother like sweet voice filled the room.

"I'm good. How about you?" Anita replied, unsure who she was talking to.

"Oh sorry, I haven't told you. I'm Katherine, the mother of all of the Jacksons. It's nice to meet you," she smiled sitting next to Anita.

Anita loved the aura of Katherine. Smelled sweet, and warm.

She is so pretty..no wonder why all of the Jacksons are good looking, Anita thought.

"It's really nice to meet you too," Anita smiled with her lips. Katherine smiled as well.

"You like drawing? My boy Michael does. Quite a lot," Katherine said.

Anita felt like she was in heaven. A boy she admired liked drawing as well as reading....so why didn't it feel real to Anita?

Anita handed her leather sketchbook to Katherine.

As Katherine turned each page over delicately, Anita felt nervous. What if she did not like her drawings? What if she threw it in her face and said how much she despised it? Anita was exaggerating a little too much.

"Does he?" Anita said, her heart thumping at the thought of Michael.

"Yeah...he really gets lost in drawing. Anita you have got pure talent. These are amazing.." Katherine was astonished.

"Thank you, Katherine," Anita said. She felt so relaxed and comfortable calling her 'Katherine'. And she did not know why...

Katherine smiled as she put a hand on Anita's shoulder.

"What do you aspire to be?" Katherine asked deeply, making Anita feel...so wanted. Not that James didn't make her feel like that. It was just that Katherine had a way of bringing her in.

"I don't know. I guess I just want to be the type of person that can send a message to the world through what I love," Anita explained.

"Like, drawing?" Katherine gently opened Anita's hand and placed the leather sketchbook in her hands.

"You're the type of girl who will make a difference to the world," Katherine said truthfully. "So make that difference, now".

Anita smiled. "I most definitely will."

A man strolled into the room. Anita was scared..the man looked quite scary..and stern.

"This is Joseph," Katherine told her gently.

Anita froze. Her blood stopped flowing, and heat overcame her.

"Girl, are you blind?? Can you speak?!" Joseph snapped.

"No..I can speak. Sorry, good evening," Anita squeaked.

Joseph left the room in hurry not wanting to speak to any of them.

Well none of the Jacksons get their good looks from their Dad....Anita angrily thought.

"Ignore Joseph, he can be...well snappy and in bad moods. But do not worry," Katherine assured her.

"It's alright, it's fine," Anita lied. She was absolutely scared stiff.

Katherine gently lifted up her wrist. She fingered her rhinestone bracelet, which sparkled in the light.

"Now, this bracelet is a complete beauty. What do the initials stand for? Where did you get it?" Katherine asked.

"Well, they are the initials of my mother. I do not know her name, but James gave me this bracelet. He said that she wore this all of the time when she was with James...but she died," Anita took a deep breath in.

"I'm so sorry...I didn't mean to-"

Katherine began to speak but was cut off by the Jackson boys coming into the living room. Except Michael.

"Hey Anita," Jermaine said.

"Hi Anita," Jackie said.

"What's up Anita?" Tito said.

"Heeeyyyyy....Anita," Randy drawled, making himself sound like a grown man who knew how to catch a girl's attention.

"Randy!" Katherine told him off.

"Sorry...." Randy mumbled.

"Yeah, hey Anita," Marlon quietly said, giving her a sneaky look and a quick lip bite without anybody catching him out.

"Hey, guys..." Anita softly said.

Are you ok? Marlon mouthed to Anita. It seemed like he was only of the boys who noticed that she looked a bit...down.

Anita nodded as a reply. Marlon gave her a sympathetic look.

Katherine knew Anita felt extremely upset so she grabbed her hand, which was not recognised by anyone.

Anita felt so close to Katherine..too close. For a moment, she thought she was having a discussion with her. Her mother. And she felt so wanted. So wanted..she felt she was living with her.

"What time is it?" Anita asked.

"Six thirty," Jackie told her.

"Thanks. Look I've got to go. It's getting late," Anita said getting up.

It was starting to rain outside. Anita didn't care. She wanted to leave.

Now.

"Bye, Anita," the Jackson boys, except Michael he was not there, said and went to the dining room.

"Aren't you going to stay for dinner? I mean half an hour wouldn't hurt you..." Katherine trailed off.

"I'm not hungry. Thanks though. It's been really nice to meet you. I've got to go. Bye," Anita's voice cracked.

"Anita!" Katherine shouted.

She ran out of the living room, and out of the door. She ran and ran, until her heart burned, till she could taste blood in her throat, till her legs could take no more.

She stopped near a forest. It was raining heavily.

Anita put her head in her hands and sobbed quietly. Tears made her feel hot and tired. She was soaking wet.

"Are you alright?" a sweet voice rung.

Back at the Jacksons house, Katherine felt so guilty.

And god knows why....