13. Glances

You're so wonderful. You make me feel high. But when you fainted, I had no words. You had to stop doing this..you had to. And now I can't show my love to you. And everyone knows why...

It was a bright afternoon.

Anita was at home, listening to James' album. She felt wanted by his music. James sung with soul, passion and deep love. And she admired him for that.

But he wasn't here. He apologised to her and explained that his music had to be discussed for further recording.

Anita was slightly upset. But she didn't let it get the better of her.

The doorbell rang. She opened the door. It was Michael.

He was holding a picnic basket.

"Hey," Michael said, smiling slightly.

"Hey," Anita beamed.

"Look..I was wondering...if you're not doing anything today...do you wanna have a picnic with me...?" Michael asked, palm behind his neck.

"Yeah sure!" Anita replied with enthusiasm.

"In the forest..." Michael trailed off.

"That's fine. So...I'll go and change...?" Anita said.

"Why? You look nice in what you're wearing already," Michael said, nonchalantly.

"Thanks...you too..." she shyly smiled.

Her hair was in a ponytail and she was wearing a patterned black and white dotted top and black bell bottoms.

Michael just chuckled. "Lets go".

They had arrived at the end of the forest.The sun shined. He got out a red and white checkered blanket and put it over the ground. When they both sat down, Michael opened the picnic basket.

He chucked her a large cereal bar and healthy crisps and took out the same for himself. Then the same with water bottles.

Anita nibbled at the cereal bar, she didn't even open the crisps. Ever since that letter, and thoughts about her mother, she had hardly eaten. Eating nothing-if you weren't being specific.

Instead of eating the cereal bar, she drank the water. But Michael ate the cereal bar and crisps, slowly.

"Anita...what did you eat for breakfast? And when? Have you eaten anything between?" Michael asked putting the packet and wrapper into a plastic bag after drinking some water.

"I ate an apple at in the region of seven. And no I didn't eat anything in between," Anita said.

"Is that how everyday is?" Michael enquired.

"Yeah...I don't eat lunch or dinner. I always get headaches which results me having to take capsules," Anita said.

"Because you're not eating. No wonder you gotten so thin," Michael mumbled.

"What?" Anita asked. These questions...

"You heard me," Michael said, his voice serious.

"Wait, Michael..what are you trying to say?" Anita said.

"Either you are starving yourself or just not eating," Michael replied.

"Ok, for one- I am not starving myself. If I don't feel like eating, I don't feel like eating! I'm not going to force myself to eat!" Anita's voice was beginning to rise.

"Still...all your headaches-you could become ill," Michael told her.

Anita laughed. "Seriously, Michael?"