Episode 12 Part 2~Darkblade

Y/N's POV
City Hall

I watched as Darkblade started to come towards me at full speed. Then everything slowed down as I watched for any changes. 

'There are no changes. I could sidestep and tap him several times...'

As I said I would do, I stepped to the side and stabbed his sides multiple times until time went back to normal and Darkblade stumbled forward. I webbed him to the ground and ran towards his knights and webbed them too.

'It wasn't that all too heroic...I feel like I installed a cheat in a game...'

I threw my saber as it evaporated into the air. 

Darkblade: How?! You couldn't have seen me! I was faster than thy eyes caneth perceive!

Y/N: I call them instincts, Darkblade. Now, I have somewhere else I need to get to and so I want to end this quick. Where's the akuma hiding Darkblade?

Darkblade: I shall not say!

'I really don't wanna do this...'

Y/N: C'mon, Darkblade! I really need to-

I then leaned back as a blade nearly pierced my head. I jumped back.

Y/N: That was way too close for comfort, Darkblade!

Darkblade: You are in my way, Sir Arachnid. I don't need competition to be in my way!

I didn't have time to react to his sudden attack so I got onto my tummy as he flew over me. I sprang up to my feet as I created a short sword this time. 

Darkblade: And what will you do that?!

'Something...Arachne? Is there anything I can use?'

Arachne: Hold on...but I have a feeling something, or someone, is coming.'

'Can it be one of them?'

I looked behind me and my hunch was right. Chat Noir was in the air and brought his staff down on Darkblade. Darkblade stumbled back in response.

Chat Noir: Sorry I was late to class. Did I miss anything?

Y/N: You didn't, but you got here when I needed assistance.

Chat Noir: I just come around whenever I'm needed aren't I?

Y/N: Sure, sure.

Darkblade: Hey! 

Chat Noir and I looked at Darkblade.

Chat Noir: (points to Darkblade)Is he the victim?

Y/N: Mhm. I could've got him earlier, but I didn't know where the akuma was...

Chat Noir: D'you check his sword?

'!!!'

I could hear laughing in my head.

Arachne: I can't believe you didn't check the most obvious item, Y/N!!!

Y/N: N-No...

Chat Noir: Then it's probably in there. 

'I got it!'

Y/N: Chat. Act as bait. You have some sword skills in store, right?

Chat Noir: (smiles)I'm full of tricks!

Y/N: Good. When I see an opening, I'll encase him in my makeshift net, alright?

Chat Noir: Sounds like a plan!

I stepped back and hid out of Darkblade's view. I watched as the sword duel started as I created.

'Quickly! Quickly!'

I heard an empty clang as I looked up and saw Darkblade staggering backward.

'Now!'

I jumped out of my hiding spot and captured him in my net. I rolled forward to soften my jump and I looked towards Darkblade.

Darkblade: Curse! Curse on you both!

Chat Noir grabbed the sword from him as he broke it. The akuma flew out of the sword as I caught it with my web and created a makeshift cage.

Y/N: Now we wait for Ladybug...

I never expected the silence to be comforting. It wasn't awkward and that is a good thing in itself.

"Guys!"

Both Chat Noir and I looked back at Ladybug.

Y/N: You're finally here. Chat Noir and I took care of everything. All I have to do is open this cage...

I opened the cage as the akuma flew out of it,

Chat Noir: The floor is yours, Ladybug.

Ladybug: Right!

We both watch as she cleanses the City of Paris once again. 

Ladybug: I guess I didn't have to do that much, huh?

Both Chat Noir and I nodded.

BEEP BEEP BEEP

Chat Noir: Jesus, Arachnid! You're already down to one and you didn't notice?!

I looked down on my watch and saw I was down to my last one.

Y/N: I guess I gotta go before I turn! See ya guys later!

I attached my web onto a nearby perch and zoomed out of the City Hall. 

'Now there's one last problem I must overcome...my speech and campaign...'