Chapter 4 - I Swear.

TW: talk of Self Ha*m
——————————————————-
Maya's POV
July 15
I awoke to a red-faced Riley and Topenga sitting next to me. My eyes fluttered for a moment before they adjusted. "Maya!" Riley said, grabbing my hand. "Hey honey," Topenga said, standing up. "What happened?" I grunted, rubbing my head. "Peaches, you had an anxiety attack." Oh. Right, that's just fucking wonderful. Riley said. "Oh." I sat up, and wiped my face. Of course it's wet. Great. "If you wanna talk about it later we ca-" "No, now." We both stood up and sat down on Riley's bed. "I'll leave you girls alone," Topenga said, leaving the room. "I didn't know you-""self harm? I know." "Maya, it's okay." She paused, then took a deep breath. "I need to show you something." she said. I was expecting her to get up, but instead she rolled up her sleeve. Scars.

"Riley-" Now we were both crying. Oh my god. We wrapped each other into a bear hug, and just sat there. We sat there crying into each other's shoulders for a solid 10 minutes before her mom came back in. "Hey are you guys hu-" we both looked up. I need to get help. For Riley's sake. I don't want to do something stupid and make her feel like it was her fault. "It's okay, I'll leave." Topenga said worriedly. I nodded in thanks, and she left once again. We both laid side by side. "Hey," I said, turning to face Riley. "It's okay. We're okay."

"Do you wanna watch a movie?" Riley said. I laughed. "Sure, as long as it's not super bad." "You think EVERYTHING is super bad! You have TERRIBLE movie taste!" She laughed. "No I don't!" She's right, I really do. "Just pick one!" I snorted. "Okay!" And she trekked to the living room to find a film. I love her so much. If we were dating we could do this all the time. Wait, no. You DO NOT have feelings for your best friend.

For the first time in a few hours, I checked my phone. 13 missed calls and 29 texts from asshole. I audibly groaned. "Riley, I have to leave." I shouted. She walked back in with a frown. "Aw." "Why can't I come with you?" She asked. "Uhm,"because my dad will beat me. "My mom said I need to help prepare dinner." "Why can't I help? I'm a good cook!" "It's not a good idea," I insisted, shaking my head. "Aw, fine." Riley pouted. "I'm sorry, I'll come by as soon as I wake up tomorrow, I swear!" I pleaded. "Fine. Only if you let me come over sometime." "Deal." I grabbed my school bag from the corner and started down the fire escape. "Bye Maya!" "See ya!" I hit the ground and took off through the darkness.
——————————————————————
A short chapter, but the next will be a tear jerker. Also, the POV will be switching in chapter 6, then again in 10, so on and so forth. TW for the next chapter, it talks about abuse, ra*e, suici*e, and alcohol, as well as self ha*m, anxiety, and depression.
If you're reading this, why?
JKJK If you're reading this, thanks so much from the bottom of my Hart (haha i really did that)