Chapter 14 - See You There, Bitch

The next 2 chapters (including this one) will be in Maya's POV, then 2 in Riley's, then the last chapters will be 3rd person.
What I'm listening to: Africa playing in my living room lmao
TW: gay slurs
-s
—————————————————————————
Maya's POV
October 19

As Mr. LeShaw droned on, I sat impatiently, tapping my foot. He was giving a lecture on how to solve for slope. I learned this in 6th grade. I don't need to know it again. This is so stupid. Math is useless! When are we ever gonna need m- "Maya!" Mr. LeShaw blurted. "What's the equation to find slope?" I sighed, then answered. "Y=Mx+B." I scoffed. He grunted, then continued teaching. Hm. Maybe I should start trying on tests. I know all the stuff, I just can't word it correctly. Maybe I can get Farkle to help me study. After the lesson, Mr. LeShaw called me to his desk. "Maya, why don't you ever pay attention?" he asked. "I already know all this stuff." "Not according to your tests." he stated. He held up the latest test. 72. "Oh, yeah. Family stuff, ya know." I started. "Just, next time, try your best, okay?" He pleaded. I nodded, and he excused me. I took off down the hallway towards seventh period.

I trudged up the stairs, music blaring into my earbuds. As I walked, I noticed some people staring at me. They were all in a group, and one looked especially menacing. Is that Missy? Shit. I haven't seen her since middle school... I swear to god if she even talks to me, I will bash her fucking skull. I will invert her fingernails, I'll break her kneecaps, I'll-"Maya!" Lucas and Farkle walked up behind me, hand-in-hand. The fuck? "What are you, fucking gay?" I joked. Farkle snorted, and Lucas blushed profusely. "Yeah," he grunted. "Oof." As we walked away, a distant voice called out. "DYKE!" Bitch. "No you!" I called out, flipping her, presumably Missy, the bird. "I swear to god, I'm gonna kill her." I muttered.

"Hart." Matthews greeted as I stomped in. "Matthews." Lucas and Farkle followed close behind, then Riley. "Hey dad!" she exclaimed, hugging him. "Ah, my child has arrived." he laughed. As I glanced around the room, I recognized a lot of the people from middle school. Those two weirdos that worshipped Riley as their ruler. That girl that was in a movie, that girl that's TikTok famous. And Missy's spawn. Ew. The bell rang, and the class sat down. "Alright, welcome back class!" Mr. Matthews greeted. "Last time, we left off on discussion of self-expression." he started. I immediately started to drift off, but Riley slapped my elbow and I woke up. "Ow." She smiled, then directed her attention back to the lesson. Maybe I should start trying. Get better grades, so I can go to an art school. I sighed, then focused on the board.

"Alright everyone! For your homework, make something that explains you. It can be a drawing, or a photo, or any form of self-expression." Mr. Matthews said. "I'm totally gonna make a meme." I smirked. Cory shrugged, then the bell rang. "Ugh, I hate P.E." Farkle groaned. "It's P.E., what's the worse that could happen?" I asked. "You throw stuff at me!" he exclaimed. "I'm the pitcher." I noted. "They yell at me!" "That'd be the umpire." Lucas sighed. "Get to class, y'all." Mr. Matthews urged, ushering us out of the room. Farkle sighed, then joined the rest of us on our way to P.E.

As we sat on the benches while taking role, I noticed something. Way down the line was someone I had never seen before. They had long, wavy black hair, and a large coat on. I couldn't see their face, but something felt familiar about them. Coach dismissed us to the locker rooms, and the mysterious person followed. I went to the back part of the room, and changed in a stall. I didn't want anyone to see my scars, and I had a bad feeling about the new person. Suddenly, a BANG! filled the room. The fuck? I changed quickly, then rushed out the back door into the gym.

I walked while waiting for Riley, but she never came out. "Hey, where's Riley?" I pressed as Lucas and Farkle approached. "I don't know, I haven't seen her since we got here." Lucas answered. What if something happened? Shit. Now I'm all worked up. "I'm gonna go back and look for her." "Are you sure?" Farkle asked. I nodded aggressively, then took off towards the locker room. "Hart!" Coach yelled as I ran. "Get back here!" The sound of his voice disappeared when I slammed the door.

I knocked on  all of the stalls, making sure she wasn't in any of them. I moved on to the front, and glanced around before noticing a couple of girls. What the hell? "Well, well, well. If it isn't Hart." A voice taunted from behind me. I swiftly turned, and there stood Missy. "What the hell do you want." I growled. She cackled, then gestured to the two girls in the corner. They side-stepped, and Riley appeared. She was crying, and had multiple bruises and bleeding wounds across her body. "Riley!" I cried, running over to her. I was caught mid-sprint by a hand wrapping around my throat. "Wow. You really are desperate." Missy grinned, turning me around. "Let her go!" I screeched. "If you don't stop, she'll suffer the consequences." I sighed in defeat, then loosened. "Good girl." "What the hell do you want." I repeated. Missy laughed, then flipped me around, facing Riley.

She held me arms behind my back firmly, and snarled. "You know what you've done. You fags are gonna rot in hell." Fuck. "I'll see you there, bitch." I snarled. I broke free, then kicked her in the gut. She tumbled to the ground, groaning. The two girls guarding Riley came to her aid, one grabbing her and dragging her to the back room. The other girl approached me, with her fists up. I balled my hands into fists, and threw a punch, but it caught. Riley stood in front of me, guarding the girl. "Maya." "She hurt you. Move." I growled. Riley shook her head, then let my fist fall. "No. She only did because Missy threatened to shoot you." What? Wait a second. She's that girl that sits next to me in science. "Oh," I sighed. "Sorry." The girl gave a small smile, then looked behind me, startled. I turned, and Coach, along with Missy and the other girl were in the doorway. "Principals office. NOW! ALL OF YOU!" He screeched. We all scurried out the door, then ran.

"That bitch tattled!" I exclaimed, leaning against the wall . "Yeah. Missy's always been like that," the girl explained. "I'm sorry you had to go through that." Riley said sympathetically. "Thanks," the girl sighed. "I'm Madeline, by the way. You knew me as Mark." "Oh, cool! How'd your transition go?" "It went great!" She exclaimed. The vice principal stomped out of her office and stood in front of us, arms crossed. "You kids, I swear." "Ma'am. It wasn't our fault, Missy-" i started. "I DON'T WANNA HEAR IT!" she screeched. "Back to class! Detention for all of you!" "But, Mrs.Lane, it was-""OUT!" We scurried out of the office and down the hall.

We walked back into PE, and caught up with Lucas and Farkle. "Y'all remember Madeline?" I asked. "No?" Lucas said. "Oh, you knew me as Mark. I went to middle school with you." Madeline explained. Farkle gasped. "I FOLLOW YOU ON TIKTOK!" Madeline laughed, then the two broke off and started talking about TikTok. Lucas, Riley, and I walked together. "What the hell happened?" Lucas asked, analyzing Riley's injuries. "It's a long story. Do you remember Missy?" I asked. He scoffed, then rolled his eyes. "That bitch. Yeah." "Well, she threatened to shoot Maya, then she and her friend beat me up. Maya came in right before they were gonna knock me out." Riley sniffled. "I swear to god, if she ever touches either of you ever again, I'm gonna fucking kill her." That bitch has no idea whats coming. If she touches Riley, I'm gonna kill her. "Me too, Lucas. Me," I paused, "too."
——————————————————————————
Woah I uploaded
So, this book is gonna be longer than I thought 👀
Anyway, hope everyone is safe and not going insane!!
I'll try to upload this weekend, but not Saturday (cuz it's my birthday :) )
Stay safe, and wash yo damn hands
-s