Chapter 5 - Help!

Ok I really need to take a break
I've published 5 chapters today...
Last one I swear
TW: self ha*m, abuse, blood, and suici*de
——————————————————-
Maya's POV
July 15

As I approached my house, I received a text message from my dad. Ugh, what does that asshole want from me? I read the text out loud. "Get your ass back here before I beat you!" Shit. I walked up to my front door, reconsidered, then walked around the back and went through the hallway window. As I turned around to close the window, I felt a muscular hand close around my throat.

"WHERE WERE YOU SHITHEAD!" He growled, pinning me to the wall. I raised my eyebrow. "If you let go of me I might tell you." I smirked. He growled, then pushed me to the ground. "Where the hell were you." "None of your business, asshole." I said, rubbing where he had grabbed my throat. He growled, then bent down. "If you don't stop that, I swear to god I'll kill you!" "Id like to see you try." I'd rather be dead than live with you. "YOU LITTLE RUNT! I HOPE YOU KILL YOURSELF!" He screamed, than stomped away, presumably to go drink. I tiptoed to my "room" (just a bed and desk), and stayed there.

I closed and barricaded my door once he went quiet. "Jesus Christ." I sighed, falling into my bed. Maybe I should just kill myself. End my suffering. I can leave this god forsaken house and get away from that asshole. I shook my head. Then I wouldn't be here for Riley. I heard beer bottles clatter in the kitchen. "Great, he's drinking again." I sighed. I wished mom was back in town already, but she's not coming back for another week. If only he was fucking dead. Better yet, me. Actually, both of us. To drown out the sound of him chugging fucking alcohol, I plugged in my earbuds and listened to my playlist, consisting of mostly TØP, FOB, P!ATD, AJR, and MCR.

I sat in the dark for a solid 2 hours before I heard a beer bottle smash against my door. Shit. He's gonna fucking hurt me. "OPEN THE GOD DAMN DOOR!" he screeched. "Coming your highness!" I taunted. "OPEN THE DOOR YOU LITTLE SHIT OR ILL SHOOT YOU!" Great. I'd love that. I opened the door. I've survived this long, might as well go out with a bang. "What?" I said. He was standing in the hallway, beer in one hand and pistol in the other. "Listen here you little shit. You've got 10 seconds to sit or I'll BLOW YOUR FUCKING HEAD FULL O' LED!" He screamed. What the fuck? He must be really, REALLY drunk. "I said SIT BEFORE I FUCKING SHOOT YOU!" he screamed. I'd love that. NO! I wouldn't be here for Riley. I have to do it. For Riley. "Alright, fine." I said. I walked over and sat down. "Alright runt, sit on the couch. I'll be back in a second. If you move, I'll kill you." He went off to his room.

I need to tell Riley what's going on. I took out my phone, and quickly texted Riley: 13261 N Main ST. Call the cops. I heard the door open, and shoved my phone back into my pocket. When he walked in, he sneered. "Sit up straight." He ordered. I stayed. He held me at gunpoint. "DO IT." I did it. He cackled, then brought the pistol to my forehead. I waited for him to pull the trigger, but he never did. sirens. He went to the door and peeped through the crack. I stood up and sneered. "YOU CALLED THE COPS?!" he screeched. I sneered. "You're going to jail, asshole." He screamed, then turned and fired a single shot. He missed anything vital, but the bullet scraped my side and back. Blood was clouding my vision. I have to stay strong. I need to get the gun away from him. The police began to ram the door."Help! Please!" I cried. The pain racked my body, making hard to breathe or even form a coherent thought.

The door finally fell off its hinges, and in stepped a line of police officers. "PUT YOUR HANDS UP!" one yelled. Instead of complying, he pulled out the gun. Shit. It's a showdown. "Put the gun down or we will open fire!" An officer commanded. "Oh yeah? Put your guns down or I'll shoot the runt!" He said, gesturing to me. The officers glanced around, then they all lowered their weapons. He's distracted, this is my chance to escape. I surveyed my surroundings, and found my nearest exit was the window at the end if the hallway. It's still open! "If you Arrest me, I'll blow you all back to hell!" he yelled. "Sir, lower your weapon." He laughed. "Hell no!" Nows my chance. While the stand-off continued, I grabbed my jacket, then crawled around the couch and into the hallway. I quickly took out my phone, and texted Riley: I'm coming. If I don't make it, I'm dead. I shoved it into my jacket pocket, then sprung out the window.

I hit the ground running, and began attempting to climb the fence. "GOD DAMN IT!" I heard him yell. Thank god that asshole is getting arrested. I scrambled over the wall, and ran back around towards the road, leaving a trail of scarlet blood behind. Jesus Christ. I'm gonna pass out. I ran as fast as I could up the road to the Matthews apartment. When I got there, Riley was waiting outside, tears falling down her face. "MAYA!" She cried, running to me. She grabbed me by the wrist and yanked me into her apartment, slamming the door. She pulled me into a hug, sobbing. "I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE OKAY! I SHOULD'VE KNOWN SOONER, I SHOULD'VE TRIED TO HELP, AND I-" "Riley. It's not your fault." I panted, holding my hip. "MAYA YOU'RE BLEEDING!" she cried. Topenga ran in with a first aid kid. "Okay, sit down." Topenga ordered. I was light-headed, so I did gladly. "Take off your jacket." I did, and I got gasps from both Topenga and Riley. Jesus. I really don't want her to see me like this. I should've let him kill me. "She's loosing a lot of blood, call an ambulance!" Riley said, but Topenga was already doing it. The blood from my forehead dropped into my eyes and blocked my vision. This is really it. I'm gonna die, right in front of her. "Riley," I whispered. "I'm sorry." "What do you mean?" "Don't forget me, okay?" "WHAT?! NO! MAYA, STAY WITH ME! MAYA!" she sobbed. The last thing I heard before I slipped into blackness was Riley and sirens. Fuck.
——————————————————————
Well I almost cried like three times writing this
So yeah, TLDR, maya almost dies, her dad gets arrested, etc. etc.
Next chapter the POV will switch to Riley
Okay it's 12:23am, I need to sleep so yeah
Wash your hands!