Chapter 9 - Ice Cream for Dinner?

The next couple of chapters will be fairly long, just an FYI
What I'm listening to: Drama - AJR
Tell em - Sabrina Carpenter
-s
——————————————————-
Riley's POV
July 31, 2 weeks before Freshman year

As the end credits finished rolling, I looked over at Maya. She was nose-deep into a book she picked up off my bedside table. She so cute when she's focused. The way her eyebrows furrow and how the tip of her tongue sticks out is adorable. "Whatcha reading Peaches?" I asked. She looked up, then flipped the cover toward me. "Song of Achillies, huh? You like it?" Maya asked. I nodded. "It's really good." I said. I took my phone out of my pocket and opened it. The time read 4:15. "Maya be we should go tell my parents we're alive," I suggested. Maya laughed, then we took off toward the living room.

"Wow, your alive!" Cory exclaimed. "Haven't seen you guys in a while, what were you doing?" Topenga asked. "I watched Avengers, and Maya read a book," I explained. Lies. I was actually planning out how to ask out my crush. "Well, What do you guys want for dinner?" Topenga asked. "Chicken strips!"Auggie screamed. "Okay, Auggie. Chicken strips it is." Topenga said, turning to the freezer. "YAY!" he exclaimed. He's so cute. I wonder how he'd react if I told him. Maybe I should! I trust him. "Hey, is it cool if I go on a walk?" Maya asked. "Sure honey." Topenga said. She smiled, then turned to me. "Wanna come with me?" she asked. I need to talk to Auggie first. "Sure! Go ahead and take off without me, I'll catch up." I said. "Okay, I'll walk slowly!" She opened the door and took off, while I grabbed Auggie and took him to my room.

"Okay Auggie, I'm gonna tell you something, but you can't tell mom or dad, okay?" I said, sitting him down on the bed. He nodded his head with a smile. "Okay, do you know what the word 'bisexual' means?" I asked. He shook his head no. "Okay. When your bisexual, you are attracted to both the opposite gender and your gender." I explained. "Huh." he responded. "So basically, you know how much i love Maya, right?" "Yeah! You LOVE Maya!" he exclaimed. "Yes, but I love her more than you think. I love her like mom loved dad; I want to be more than best friends," I said. "Wait. You can be best BEST friends?!" he asked, shocked. "No, not like that. I love her so much I want to date her." "Oh." he said. "That's SUPER COOL!" he exclaimed. Thank god. "I didn't know you could do that!" he said. I rolled my eyes. "Anyways, I gotta go catch up with Maya. I'll talk to you later, okay?" I said. He nodded, and I took off to find Maya.

I found her up the road, sitting under a pile light. "There you are!" I panted. She looked up from her phone with tear-stained cheeks. WHAT. NO! I dropped down next to her. "What happened Peaches?" I asked softly. "I heard the word again." "What?" "Fag. Someone called me a fag, again. They tried to hurt me, but I chased them away," she rasped. Shit. Shitshitshit. "Okay, um," I stuttered. "Do you wanna keep going? Or do you wanna go back?" I asked. She shrugged, then sighed. "Let's keep going." She said, standing up. "Ah," she gasped, grabbing her hip. "I think I busted one of the stitches." she growled. "Okay, we need to go back." I ordered. I took my jacket off and tied it to her side. She smiled, and I threw her arm over my shoulder and we walked back home.

We limped through the door, and Topenga automatically shot out of her seat. "What happened?" She exclaimed. "One of my stitches busted open," Maya said with gritted teeth. "Okay, we'll take you in to get it fixed." she said. "We can take dinner with us," she suggested. "Cory! We gotta go!" she called. Cory literally slid into the room and hopped next to Topenga. "Where we goin'?" he asked. "One of Maya's stitches popped open." I said. "Oh! Lets go, then!" he said, and shepherded us out the door and to the car.

"Whoops, I forgot dinner." Topenga realized. "This calls for..." "Ice cream for dinner!" Auggie laughed. "You got!" Cory laughed. I looked over at Maya to find her staring out the window. She seemed to be in less pain than before, but every once in a while she'd wince in pain. "You okay?" I asked, grabbing her hand. She smiled, then nodded. "Oh, do you want your jacket back? It's probably soaked in blood, but I'm sure you'd look great in it!" Maya remarked. The entire family burst into laughter. Oh, Peaches. "I'm good, you can keep it." I said. We pulled up to the emergency care center and got out. "Ill take Auggie, you take Riley and Maya in," Topenga said to Cory. He nodded, and we followed him inside.

"Hi, how can i help you?" The receptionist said. "Hi, one of Maya's stitches popped open," he said, gesturing to Maya. The receptionist nodded, and signed us in for an appointment. "Dr. U will be with you in just a moment." the receptionist said. We thanked him, and sat down. "How ya doin, Peaches?" I asked. Maya looked over and made an "eh" face. "Maya?" a doctor called out. Maya stood up and went in. I stood up and walked over to the receptionist. "How long will fixing them take?" I asked. "If it's just one, less than 20 minutes, 15 maybe." he responded, not looking up from his computer. "Thanks." I sat back down and scrolled through my phone. I clicked through stories, and I can across Maya's, posted 30 minutes ago. A picture of her crying, the text saying "we love being bullied". Oh Maya. I clicked out of her story and visited her page. Most of the pictures were of us, but there was one that caught my eye, posted in June of last year. Wait. She went to pride... DOES THAT MEAN SHES GAY? I MIGHT HAVE A CHANCE AH. I liked the post and continued scrolling. I found some pictures of Maya and her mom, and some memes. Wow, Maya has some... interesting memes.

The time passed quicker than expected, and Maya re-emerged from the hallway. "All done!" she smiled.  "Alright girls, you guys head to the car and I'll pay." Cory said. We nodded, and took off to the car. We hopped in, and waited for Dad to get back. "Alright," He said as he got it. "Time for..." "ICE CREAM!" We all exclaimed. He put the car in shift and we were on the way to Sofia's Custard.
———————————————————-
Sorry this was so long lol
BUT
NEXT CHAPTER
ITS HAPPENING
STICK AROUND FOR SOME MEGA RILAYA ACTION
k byeee
Wash ur hands ya nasty