Chapter 6 - My Sweet Maya

This chapter is gonna be fairly uneventful so yeah
Also, TW; blood
—————————————————————-
Riley's POV
July 15

I can't believe she never told me. That her dad beats her, that she cuts. I wish I would've know. As I sat next to her in the ambulance, tears falling, I rolled up my sleeve. I need to stop cutting. For Maya. I wiped my face, and pulled out my phone. I haven't texted the groupchat in a while, and I never told them I skipped school. Hey guys, me and Maya won't be at school today. Had to deal with some stuff. I placed my phone next to me, and took in the surrounding. IVs, medicinal supplies, bandages. I looked at Maya, my sweet Maya. She was wrapped in bandages and dried blood caked her skin. I stood up and got closer to the stretcher Maya was placed upon. " I'm so sorry. I should've known sooner. I should've been able to help, but I couldn't and I-" I was interrupted by the sound of the door opening. "Alright sweetie, we're gonna need you to go find your mom so we can take Maya to her room, okay?" The Doctor said. I nodded, and jumped out in search of Topenga.

I found my mom in the lobby, head in her hands. "Hey mom." I said, plopping down next to her. "They told me she needs stitches." she said. Oh god. I need to tell her. "Can we see her yet?" I asked. She shrugged. We sat in silence until a doctor approached us. "Are you the mother of Maya Hart?" he said. We looked at each other, then Topenga nodded. "Ms. Hart will be going into surgery for stitching in a few minutes, but your welcome to visit her for the time being." "Thank you so much." We followed the Doctor down the hall and stopped. "She will need to start heading down in about 5 minutes, so make it quick." He grabbed a clipboard of the wall, then took of down the hallway. "I need to call Katy, you head in." Mom said. I nodded, then entered.

The room was fairly bland; just a couple of posters and a TV. Maya was laying in bed, clearly agitated. "Come on dude! You KNOW that kale and spinach aren't the same thing!" she cried, presumably at the TV. She's so silly. "What are you doing?" I laughed, sitting down next to her. "Oh hey Riles." she sighed. Her face had been wiped, removing the caked blood. "You look so much better without blood all over you," I laughed. "Yeah, but some of them are still going." she lifted the covers and uncovered her hip. On it was a blood-soaked bandage. "Wow, That really sucks," I said. "Yeah." Our conversation was short-lived. We sat in silence for a bit, watching food network.

Maya's always loved cooking. That's something a lot of people don't know about her. There's a lot of things, though. Like that she can draw like nobody's business, or that she's secretly a softie, or that she's good with kids. I just love her so much. Oh. I should probably tell her about that. Maybe? Someday. When I'm ready. "Maya?" someone said. A doctor stood at the doorway holding a clip board. "Okay, so you need 13 stitches, but we can do them fairly quickly, so we can get you out in a little lass than half an hour." the doctor said. Maya nodded, and got out of the bed. Various areas on her leg were also wrapped, and others were caked over. Her arms took the least damage; just a couple of scratches. And her scars. "Bye Riles, I'll see ya later." Maya sighed. "Bye Peaches." I embraced her once more, then the doctor took Maya and led her down the hall.
—————————————————————
A fairly short chapter to fill in today, but I'll upload again later. It'll get more interesting, i swear lol
ALSO
MY SCHOOL GOT CANCELLED!!!
We have tomorrow off before we start online school, so I'll defo upload at least once tomorrow.
PS- this Book might be short. Im Bad with keeping plot, and i have a Major writers block so yah