Chapter 8 - Abort!

iVe mEeT sOmeOnE tHaT mAkEs mE feEl sEaSicK
lol
Somethings coming... 🏳️‍🌈👀
—————————————————————
Riley's POV
July 31, 2 weeks before Freshman year

"Maya." I whisper. It was the late afternoon, and I had been waiting for Maya to wake up since 11:30. "MAYA" I screamed. She jolted up with a scream. "WHAT? ARE YOU OKAY?" she screamed. "Mornin' Peaches!" I smiled. "Jesus Riley!" she sighed. "Come on Peaches, it's time to get up." I cooed. "I don't wanna," she pouted. "Maya, it's 1:30. You slept for 12 hours." I said. Her eyes widened, and she got up. "So, what's on the agenda for today, Captain Matthews?" Maya taunted. I rolled my eyes. "I honestly don't know, we should probably go let my parents know your alive." I said. She nodded, and we headed to the living room.

"Well, good morning sleepyheads!" Topenga said. "Afternoon." Maya said. Smart ass. "So girls, two weeks until high school, how do you feel?" Topenga asked. (authors note; in my state, HS starts in 9th) "I'm not into it. Work's harder, less free time." Maya muttered. "Im actually excited! I get go to high school with my best friends!" I exclaimed. "I'm your best friend?" I heard a voice say as they entered. "Hey Farkle!" I said. "Ladies!" he said. We all rolled our eyes. I don't even know why I'm friends with this goof. "Hi Mrs. Matthews!" He greeted. "Afternoon." she said. "Well, are you guys hungry? I can fix you guys something!" Topenga suggested. "That'd be great mom." I exclaimed. We all agreed, and Mom went off to cook, while Farkle, Maya, and I took off toward my room.

"So, how's it hangin y'all?" Farkle asked as we sat down by the bay window. "Wanna see something cool?" Maya said, raising her eyebrow. Farkle considered, then nodded vigorously. Maya smirked, then piled up her shirt. "Holy- what happened?" Farkle exclaimed. "It's a long story. They're all over too," she said, showing him the other scars. At least she's coping. "Wow, that's crazy dude!" Farkle exclaimed. "Yep. Super crazy." I muttered. "Riley, what's wrong?" Farkle said. "Maya, are you gonna tell him house you got them?" I asked, turning to her. She hesitated. "Oh, I probably should tell you." she laughed, scratching her neck. "So basically- my dad is a MEGA alcoholic, and an abusive asshole. And a couple of days ago, I came home late, so he decided to-" she stopped. Her eyes were welling with tears. Oh no. I shouldn't have done that. "Hey, Hey, it's okay." I cooed, wrapping her into a side-hug. She sniffled, but continued. "He started to beat me, so I told Riley call the cops." She said. "She saved my life." she whispered. "Oh Peaches..." She shot up. "Anyways, it's fine." she said, walking around the room. Farkle looked at me with concern. "Hey if you don't wanna talk about it it's fin-" "NO. ITS. FINE." she snapped. "sorry." I muttered. "Well, this seems like a good time to leave. I'll text you later?"Farkle asked. I nodded, and he took off down the fire escape.

"I'll just leave you alone for a minute..." I said, standing up. "Wait-" she said. "I'm- I'm sorry I got so angry. That day has just really taken a toll on me. Mentally, I mean," she explained. "It's okay, I completely understand." I said. She gave a side smile. "Do you just wanna chill today?" I suggested. She nodded. "Okay, wanna watch TV or something?" I asked. She shrugged. "Okay, I have an idea. Go wait in the living room and I'll get the stuff ready." I suggested. She was skeptical, but she went.

I hope this looks okay. Using a couple of chairs and some tacks, I made a teepee-like structure above my bed, and hung fairy lights down the wall. As I was putting together the final touches on the fort, Maya walked in. "Woah." she gasped. "You like it?" I asked hopefully. "No I hate it." she grunted. Dang it. "Of course I like it, you dingus!" she exclaimed. Thank god. "Oh I told your mom Minkus left, so she ate his." Maya explained, setting a plate on my shelf. "And..." I placed the last tack into the wall, "finished!" I hopped down and took a bite of the sandwich. "Oh my god, I'm starving!" I exclaimed with a mouthful. Maya chucked, then went over to where I kept the movies. "Whatcha wanna watch?" Maya asked. I shrugged. "Whatever you want, Peaches!" She shook her head with a smile plastered over her face, and chose a movie. She tossed Avengers over to me, and I pushed it into the DVD player, and the beginning scene started. I love this. I love her. I love everything. I love life.

"Maya," I asked. She looked over from the movie and tipped her head. "Have you ever been in love with someone so much you just can't contain your love for them?" I asked. "What? No!" she laughed. Uh oh. I'm in trouble. "Hm." I grunted. We continued watching the movie in silence. Maybe I should tell her? This is a good place. Maybe not a good time though. Should I do it tomorrow? I'll do it tomorrow night. But how? And where? OH! Like in that one movie where that guy asked out the cheerleader at the park! I can take her to get ice cream, then go to the park! While Maya was deep into her movie, I was deep in blueprints of how I was gonna come out to Maya and ask her out. I can't believe I'm finally doing this. I've had a crush on her since 7th grade, I was just denying my feelings because I thought I had a crush on Lucas. I don't know what I'll do if she doesn't say yes... WHAT IF SHE DOESN'T SUPPORT ME?! WHAT IF SHES HOMOPHOBIC AND SHE LEAVES ME?! THIS WAS A BAD IDEA! ABORTABORTABORT! "Whatcha thinking about?" Maya asked. I snapped out of it. I'm still gonna do it. "Nothing." I responded. Tomorrow night. Tomorrow night I'm gonna come out to my best friend, then I'm gonna ask her out.
——————————————————————
ITS GONNA HAPPEN
IF YOUVE MADE IT THIS FAR PREPARE YOURSELF
ITS GONNA BE SUPER GAY
lol
Anyways, I started online school today. I already hate it. CORONA SUCKS!
k bye
Wash your hands ya nasty