Chapter 11 - Fire and Ice

SHE DID IT
I ALMOST CRIED WRITING THAT
Lol
The book is probably gonna end soon, but idk yet
Also it's 12:10am so oof
And we have online school until April 17th so yay
-s
——————————————————————
3rd person POV
July 31, 2 weeks until Freshman year

"On... you." Riley said. Oh god. I'm scared. She's gonna leave. Riley thought. "What?" Maya said. Did she say what I thought she said? Riley shook her head, then grabbed Maya's hand gently. "Maya Penelope Hart. We've been best friends since 4th grade, and I've loved every second of it." Riley said. "Riley..." Maya started. Holy shit. It's happening. "I've had some of the best times of my life with you, whether it be happy or sad. I want to spend the rest of my life with you; as more than friends." She continued. Holy shit. She's asking me out. Maya screamed in her head. "Maya will you be my girlf-" Riley was cut off by Maya connecting their lips. They both smiled into the kiss, then pulled away. "Of course I will Riles." Maya said, placing her head against Riley's.

The moment brought a huge smile to both girls' faces. The two were meant for each other; like fire and ice. Maya's fiery personality and creativity, Riley's understanding and wisdom. "I was so scared you'd say no..." Riley sighed. "Well, you were wrong." Maya smirked. Riley rolled her eyes, then grabbed Maya's hand. "Should we tell my parents?" Riley asked. "Sure, if you're ready." Maya insisted. Riley smiled, then pulled Maya up off the bench. They walked over to where Cory and Topenga were, watching Auggie play. "Well, What do we have here?" Cory said with smirk. Auggie looked over and saw their intertwined hands. "RILEY, YOU DID IT!" He exclaimed, running over to Riley. "I sure did, buddy!" "Momma! Maya and Riley are dating now!" he exclaimed to Topenga. Both girls blushed profusely. "I know! They're so cute together!" Topenga said.

"Oh, Maya, your mom said she's on her way back, we gotta go pick her up at the airport." "Oh, that's cool." Maya responded. "Should we tell the squad?" "Maybe, but Farkle probably already knows." Riley said. "How?" "He has his ways." Maya rolled her eyes, then let go of Riley's hand. "Hey!" Riley pouted. "Chill, I'm just tying my shoe!" Maya exclaimed. "Fine." Riley huffed jokingly. Maya rolled her eyes, then stood back up. "Alright guys! Time to head to the airport!" Topenga called, leading them to the car. The family squeezed into their van, and off they went through the night.

The new couple rode with intertwined hands, sharing a pair of earbuds. "Wanna listen to my gay playlist?" Maya smirked. Riley rolled her eyes, then nodded. Maya clicked to a playlist titled 'single 4 life lmao' and clicked play. The first song to play was 'She' by Dodie. "Wow." Riley laughed. The girls listened to a variety of lgbtq artists, including Girl In Red, Panic! At the Disco, and Hayley Kiyoko. Riley laid her head on Maya's  shoulder, then promptly fell asleep. Maya snickered when she felt drool doll down her sleeve. She opened her camera app and snapped a picture. Maya enjoyed these moments; she cherished them so much that they were etched into her memory. She opened up her drawing application and stylus, then began sketching a photo.

When they reached a stop, Riley's eyelids fluttered open. "Did I fall asleep?" Riley yawned. "Yep. Got a picture of you drooling too." Maya snickered. "Delete it!" Riley groaned. Maya shook her head. With a click of the door, Maya's mom appeared. "Hi girls!" she said. "Oh, do we need to move to the back?" Riley asked sleepily. "That'd be great." Topenga said. Maya nodded, and the two crawled their way over the seat and tumbled into the back. Riley let out a loud yawn, then resettled onto Maya's shoulder. "Listen, Maya," Katy said, turning to her. "I'm sorry. About everything. Not coming home, not helping you with homework... your dad." she admitted. Maya shrugged. "It's alright. Just don't date alcoholics, maybe?" Maya suggested. "Deal." Katy said. Auggie began squirming, then awoke. He let out a big yawn, then greeted Katy with a smile. "Hi, Maya's mom!" he said, instantly energized. "Hi, Auggie." "Did you know that Riley and Maya are dating now?" he asked. The two girls blushed hard, and looked out their separate windows. "Oh, really?" she laughed. "Well, congrats!" The two girls stayed silent. "Tough crowd, huh." she muttered.

When they arrived at the Hart's house, Maya wasn't ready to leave Riley. "Hey mom?" she asked, putting on her best puppy fast. "Can Riley stay the night?" Katy looked at Topenga, who gave a thumbs up. "Sure." Maya pumped her fist, then opened the door and hopped out. "M'lady." she said, holding her hand out to Riley. Riley laughed, then took her hand. "See you tomorrow!" Topenga called to Riley. Riley waved, then the Matthews family drove off.

"What time is it," Riley groaned, flopping down onto Maya's bed. "10:30." "What? It feels so much later!" she exclaimed. "Asking me out took a lot of energy, huh?" Maya smirked. "It did, actually." Riley huffed, crossing her arms. "Well, I was gonna do it first." Maya stayed. "What?" "Look!" she said, holding out her phone. It was open to a document, titled "ask out Riley". "Wow." Riley said as she read it. "I know right?" As they read, they heard Katy from the kitchen. "Maya? Why is there blood on the floor?" She called out. "Give her a second." Maya said. "Right, never mind!" "Im tired." Riley yawned. "Same." "You take the bed, I'll take the floor." Maya said. "Why can't we both take the bed? we're dating now!" Riley exclaimed. "Oh yeah." The two girls quickly changed into pajamas, then hopped into bed. "Now, you owe ME cuddles." Riley huffed. Maya chuckled, then wrapped her arms around Riley's hips, then settled her head into the nook of Riley's neck. "Love ya Riles." Maya whispered. "Love you too Peaches." The two girls fell asleep the moment they came in contact. The door creaked open, and Katy peeked in. She let out a quiet chuckle, then closed the door. "Called it." she said to herself.
—————————————————————-
Jesus Christ it's 12:30am rn
Welp, Yeah Maya's mom called it
And
This book will be ending soon. If you've made it this far, thanks so much. Don't worry, I'll write more stuff soon. Maybe.
Wash your hands
-s