Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty:
Cast In A Golden Light
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

To Anne, the girl with flames for hair,

This may be the final letter you ever read from me. Not because I'm dying, no, it's nothing like that. I simply say that because I don't know how this is going to go. Your reaction is a mystery to me, but I certainly hope it goes well.

Nevertheless, I will miss you infinitely, my beautiful, Anne. I am going away to Switzerland, thousands upon thousands of kilometers away from you. My love. The one I spend my nights dreaming about and my days thinking of.

This is my confession, Anne. My confession that you're the one for me. You are the only one whose ever truly owned my heart, and the only one who ever truly will. I've come to terms with this fact long, long ago.

The reasons for my love for you are  unending, but I somehow can't find the words to tell you what they are. You're simply indescribable.

Your ideas are ahead by a century, your heart is ever growing. Your mind is beautiful.. Your heart is beautiful. You are beautiful.. you are exquisite, and I do not say this lightly, Anne.

You, my beautiful Anne, are like no other, and I love you so.

From Mabel,
The girl who longs for the one with flames for hair

Mabel felt as if she would die right then and there from the nerves she felt flooding her body. Wave after wave, seemingly unending the closer she got to the boarding house Anne was staying at. "I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this."

The horse she rode jostled her body as it ran along the pathway, only increasing the nerves she felt. The box filled with the countless letters Mabel had poured her heart into placed safely in her bag. Mabel clutched the bag's strap in her shaky hand while holding the horse's rein in her other. The girl was one hundred percent sure that her mother had discovered that she'd left and had gone into a fit of rage, ready to disown her rebellious daughter by the time she returned.

Mabel allowed her mind to drift to the scenarios that could come from this. What would happen to her friendship with the girl she's loved so dearly for so many years now. The one she's longed for, hoped for, prayed for.

The boarding house came into view minutes later, causing Mabel's heart to sink as her mind fell blank and her throat dried up. Her horse came to a stop, but Mabel stayed put. Her eyes focused on the porch ahead, locking eyes with the redheaded girl.

She didn't expect her to be there, especially looking like she was waiting for someone. A grin made its way onto her face as she noticed Mabel. The dark haired girl nervously took the box from the bag, inhaling deeply as she brushed her fingers over the designs of the box.

Mabel shakily slipped off the horse, thanking the man as he took her horse to tie him up for her. Anne excitedly ran up to Mabel, throwing her arms around the girl, unaware of the box she held in her hands. Anne inhaled subtly, basking in the scent of maple syrup that filled her nose.

"You look ever so beautiful." Anne grinned, twirling a piece of curled hair in her fingers. "Anyone who sees you will certainly be blessed."

🎉 You've finished reading 𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 ~ 𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐲-𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐭 🎉