Chapter 2: The flying rumors

The force that the lady guard used to push me down to the cold room was unbearable

Grandma Benita immediately stepped on my leg with anger flaming on her face.

"Do you admit to your mistakes?" She furiously asked.

Hearing this, I hummed with a severe glare.

"I am not in the wrong," I retorted

I didn't expect what would happen next—a slap to my salty cheek.

I groan. "If you look down on me, then just send me back to Sicily if you have the ability to," I icily said.

"Keep your wishing thinking. No matter how dark your skin is or how African your blood is, you are and will remain one of us, a Balboa. Even though you want to die, you can do that after I've permitted you to do so," Grandma Benita said to my face.

She groaned again and turned around.

"Since you don't want to learn from your mistakes, then you shall be locked up and be starved for two days," she hissed

"When you admit to your mistakes, then you can come out from this dark room," she added.

She turned and looked at the female guard.

"Lock her in and make sure she eats nothing. No one should let her out,"

I felt my heart burst in between my chest.

" Even if I die and turn to ghost, I will not let you and the other Balboa's be in peace," I said with a wicked grin on my face.

Grandma Benita frowns deepens

"Send the order. No one should deliver food to Caitrona. I want to see how long she can keep up with her lousy mouth,"

"Yes, my lady,"

Grandma Benita walks away.

"This is a dark room. No one has stayed here for long because there are lots of spiders and rats," the guard tormented me further

I frowned at that, "Get out" I yelled at her

The lady guard humphed and closed the door with a smile glued to her wrinkled face.

*

Three days later

I struggled to open my eyes because of the lights that were about to blind me.

I look around to see that I am already in my room; it's like I passed out. I managed to get up and stretched a bit.

"Big sister Caitrona, you're awake?"

I turn around to see Avala Contenese and Talia, her sister's daughter smiling at me with a tray of food in her hand.

I frowned and turned around, facing the great view outside the window.