Chapter 24

During preclac, Marisol glanced over at me. She sent me a sly smile.

I winked.

God, we were two stupid teenagers who were striken with each other. It was straight out of a movie.

Marisol raised her hand.

Mr. Lenn sighed. "Yes, Marisol?"

"Can I go to the bathroom?" She asked sweetly.

Mr. Lenn rolled his eyes. "You don't have to ask me that. Especially during a lesson."

Marisol blushed. "I guess I forgot."

He waved his hand dissmisantly. "Just hurry up."

She got up and scurried out of the room.

I stood up and followed her out the door.

"And where do you think you're going, Ms. Iven?" Mr. Lenn asked.

"To the bathroom."

He clicked his tongue. "Why do girls always go to the bathroom in packs," he muttered.

I took that as a sign I could go and followed after Marisol.

I pushed open the door, entering the bathroom. Marisol was standing at the sinks, leaning against the porcelin.

She laughed. "Glad you got the hint."

I smiled. "Nice to get out of precalc for a bit."

Marisol took a step closer. "I think it'd be better if you stayed in class," she said.

"And why's that?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"Because you're an idiot," she whispered.

I pushed her away. "Marisol!" I exclaimed, smiling a little.

She leaned over the sink, falling into a fit of giggles. "You should have seen your face!" She wheezed.

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever." I blushed.

That made her laugh even harder.

She took a deep breath, trying to calm down. "I'm sorry," she said.

I rolled my eyes. "You should be."

"How can I make it up to you?" She asked sarcastically.

"Hm..." I pretended to ponder. "Maybe a kiss would make me feel better."

Marisol grinned. "I can live with that."

Voices sounded outside the door. I quickly took a step away from Marisol and turned to the sink, washing my hands.

Marisol started. "Wh-"

The door opened, with a couple girls striding in. Their chatter filled the room as they giggled to each other. I looked at Marisol through the mirror. She glanced back at me sadly, knowing our moment was ruined. I pretended to wash my hands for a little longer before turning off the faucet.

The girls talked a bit more before going into their respective stalls.

Marisol looked over at me, sighing. "I guess we should head back to class now."

I closed my eyes. "Can't wait."

* * *

On our usual walk home, Marisol kept glancing at me.

"What?" I asked, exasperated.

She smiled shyly. "Wanna go on a date with me?"

I rolled my eyes. "You don't have to be nervous to ask me. Of course I wanna go on a date with you."