Chapter 14 : Need You Now

Cheerleader's practice.
Two days later.

  Diana is trying to focus on practicing the new moves, but she can't stop thinking about the mess she created with Alex and Ramon. Not only that but the past few days, Olivia has been acting pretty weird without actually revealing her the reason behind this behavior.

Nevertheless she does her best to keep at least her mother happy, who is pretty excited for new newest engagement. Then her mother calls...

  'Mom, I can't talk right now, I'm at practice.'

'I'm sorry dear, it's just that...your grandma died.'

Diana hated her grandmother for being a cold hearted bitch, but with everything that has happened lately, that was the last piece for her to have a breakdown.

She starts crying and the cheerleading team notices it, so they go check on her and offer her their support.

Boy's apartment.
5 minutes later.

George just talked with his mother on the phone and found out about his grandma passing. He tries to be sad since she was family, but then he remembers how much he has distanced himself from his own blood after what happened with his father last year.

Then Alex and Steven walk inside his room, fighting about who ate the last piece of cake. They see him being sad and sit with him on the bed.
  Alex asks him...

'Boys don't cry, but what happened?'

'My grandma died.'

'The same grandma that told me I would be in jail before twenty last year?', Steven asks.

'Yes Steven, that grandma.'

'Hey, I'm not the most understanding person, but that sucks man. I'm sorry.'

'Thank you. Now you see, tomorrow it's the funeral guys and I would like you to be there, both.'

Alex looks uneasy considering that Diana will be there and he is still mourning their break up. Steven notices it and nods to George...

'Of course Alex, I understand if you don't want to come, I know my sister will not make. Things easy for you.'

'No man, she won't. But the past few months I have been living under the safe roof as you. I want to be there for you.'

The boys high five and Steven along with Alex offer to cook something for tomorrow. George agrees that it's a good idea and leaves them at the apartment since he has a shift on Bluelife.

Mendoza residence.
Afternoon.

Olivia arrives at Ramon' s house and rings the bell again and again until someone opens the door. His mother eventually opens and she asks for Ramon. She informs her the he is studying in his room and Olivia storms inside, scaring Ramon...

'Hey, what's wrong?'

'Diana's grandma is dead and she wants me to go there and comfort her. Me, her best friend, who slept at Bluelife's toilet with the boy she wants.'

'Okay, relax. First things first, I have been trying to explain to you for at least two months that me and Diana are over. Secondly, even if she wants to be with me, don't I have a say in this?'

Olivia nods her head, partially agreeing with what Ramon is saying. He sits next to her on his bed and puts his arm around her shoulder, trying to calm her down. Their heads touch as Olivia closes her eyes and takes a deep breath.
Ramon smiles and looks at her...