Chapter 16 : We Are The World

Orleston's hospital

Olivia and Ramon are sitting and wait to see if Brandon is okay. George, Steven, Diana and Alex arrive moments later and find them in shock.

Alex asks immediately what the hell happened and as Ramon explains the situation, everyone is pretty shocked by what Brandon said and did...

  'I always thought it was his ego, in the end, his parents are the real villains here.', Diana comments. Then she sits next to Olivia and hugs her.

Ramon gets up and heads outside to breath some fresh air. George follows him...

'How are you holding up? And don't lie to me, I'm not Olivia.'

'Honestly, I don't know how I mess up everything all the time. Look what I made Brandon do.'

'That's stupid, Brandon is a crazy young boy, he is younger than us and he is acting like a drama queen. That's not your fault. Look at me.'

Ramon turns to George, who hugs him and Ramon tries to hold back his tears...

  'Noah is paralyzed because he had my back that day, Alexis is dead because she protected me. George, I can't keep causing harm to people. Olivia is the purest person I have ever met. I don't know what I would have been able to do if something bad happened to her today.'

'Look at you being prince charming.'

'Shut up. I do love you, just for the record.'

'You make me cringe Mendoza, just go back to your girl.'

The boys high five and Ramon heads back inside. Steven then arrives and gives George his coffee...

  'Thanks, I hope you're not trying to charm me with a coffee.'

'No man, I like Tyler, he is good for you. Me, Sean or Dominic, we could only screw you more. I'm just happy you consider me a friend.'

'Well, we do have quite the history mister.'

'You know, I suck at relationships, but we had some great sex.'

'It's true.', George admits and they both look at the sky thinking about Dominic before starting to burst into laughing.

Hospital's waiting room.
10 minutes later.

Diana and Alex keep company to Olivia, then Ramon arrives and takes Olivia to the balcony to breath fresh air. This leaves the former couple alone.

Alex looks at Diana and she looks at him without saying a word. He grabs his backpack and pulls out a sandwich. Before he eats it, he hands it to Diana and says...

  'You can have the first bite. I know you don't like eating after someone else bites the sandwich.'

'Thank you. Alex, I love you.'

'I know.'

'You do? And why are you doing this?'

'Because I'm hurting Diana. I have had enough, I'm a man and you broke me again and again. My pride can't take any more hits from you.'

'You know what? Maybe we are just on different paths. We want different things from each other. I have to go.'

Diana gets up and leaves the halls. Meanwhile, Steven returns inside and bumps into Sean at the reception, a file falls from his hands and Sean grabs it before Steven is able to see what's on it...