Chapter 1 - Ninja in the New World

Hey guys. Striker777 here with a new story, Naofumi of the Sharingan. This is an exciting crossover between Naruto and the Rising of the Shield Hero, with Naofumi being a 20 year old Uchiha in the other world. He will have access to the three tomoe sharingan and the the magenkyou sharingan, as well as his jutsu. But for now, on with the story.

———

Naofumi Uchiha was coming home from a mission that fateful night, when his clan was completely destroyed. He completed a A Rank mission from the Land of Water, hunting down a rouge Chunin. When he returned to the village, his family and clan were all dead, save for his younger cousin Sasuke. Naofumi was 16 when it happened, and took Sasuke under his wing to help raise him. This is where we find him now.

Naofumi was cooking breakfast in the kitchen. Today, at the age of 20, his cousin was going to become a Genin, and he was so proud that he cooked all his favourite foods. He was wearing his standard clothing attire, a black mesh shirt over his flak jacket, with the Uchiha symbol on his shoulder. He also wore black trousers and a tool pouch on each of his legs, complete with black shoes. Sasuke emerged from his room to the delightful smells that emerged from the kitchen, swallowing the house in an aroma of good food.

"Morning Sasuke, I took the liberty to cook all you favourite foods in celebration of your graduation from the academy. I'm so proud of you kiddo." greeted Naofumi, ruffling his hair.
"Itoko-san, thanks." Sasuke replied, smiling at him. Sasuke never smiled around anyone anymore, not since the massacre of their clan, only around Naofumi would he smile.

Sasuke finished his food quickly, before using one of the many escape routes to make it to the academy without getting bombarded by fangirls. Naofumi packed up two lunches, before making his way over to another house that he knew well. Ringing the doorbell, a person emerged with blonde hair and an orange jumpsuit. "Naofumi-oji?"
"Morning, Naruto-kun." greeted Naofumi. He handed the boy one of the lunch boxes. "Be sure you stay out of trouble today, since you're a Genin now."
"How did you know, Naofumi-oji?" asked Naruto.
"Iruka-sensei tells me these things. Oh, and congratulations on learning the shadow clone jutsu. Now, off with you, don't be late."
"Okay! See ya!" yelled Naruto as he made his way towards the academy.

After seeing Naruto off, Naofumi made his way to the library, passing by a few of his Jonin friends on the way. He was looking for a new book that contained some new jutsu for him to learn. However, before he could, he was intrigued by a book he saw. "The legend of the Cardinal Heroes?" he asked, skimming the book. He read about the sword, bow and spear heroes, but there was nothing on the shield hero.

"Yo, Naofumi-san!" said a voice. Naofumi turned to see Kakashi walking towards him.
"Oh, Kaka-" started Naofumi, before he was enveloped in a bright light.

On that day, Kakashi saw Naofumi disappear right before his eyes.

———

Naofumi landed on the floor with a thud.

"What? I was just talking to Kakashi..." he muttered, before looking around. He wasn't in the library anymore. He immediately jumped to his feet, reaching to his leg pouch, about to pull out a kunai, thinking that he was placed in a genjutsu and transported to another village, but these people did not appear to be form any village.
"Please, oh valiant heroes, save our world from catastrophe!" begged a man at the front of the group, looking like priests of some religion. Naofumi immediately had red flags going off in his mind, but he wasn't too sure why. Naofumi knew that his instincts never lead him astray before, and that they were a ninja's best friend, but he wasn't sure why his mind was telling him to get away from this place. Naofumi looked around the room, finally noticing the other boys in the room.