*Glorybringer

Deathbringer, as an assassin, was used to taking risks. It was apart of his job description, and he was good at it. Over the years, he had killed dozens of dragons. He had faced furious tribes, the wrath of the Nightwings, and gotten in and out of more dangerous situations than he could count.

But he was now about to do the riskiest thing he'd ever done in his life. This one action would make or break him. It was life or death at this point.

He was going to ask Glory to marry him.

And it was the single most terrifying idea he'd ever had, let alone gone through with. Glory loved him, he knew that. He loved her back more than she would ever know. But he was also, well, himself. His usual, smug, sarcastic, button pushing self. And Glory was a Queen. Sarcastic, snippy and beautiful, but a Queen. He had no idea if she'd agree to marry him, or if they'd keep the relationship they had now. It wasn't that he minded their current situation- he just didn't like everyone in Pyrrhia knowing him as "Queen Glory's consort." It was humiliating to his reputation, really.

But before Deathbringer could ever work out the details of when and how he'd propose, he needed to make sure he was allowed to ask in the first place. It was an unspoken custom in the Nightwing tribe that you had to ask the dragon you were proposing to's family for permission to marry them. If they said yes, then you could go for it. If they said no, well, then you were screwed.

So as Deathbringer gathered up all the dragons he knew Glory considered family in one room, he was praying to all three moons that they said yes.

Clay, Tsunami, Starflight, Sunny, Jambu, Grandeur, and Kinkajou were a bit confused as to why he'd asked them to come, but he moved past that.

"Why are we here?" Tsunami questioned. Deathbringer knew she wasn't particularly fond of him, so he knew he'd have to work to convince her. Grandeur, he imagined, would also be a challenge.

"And how come Glory's not here?" Sunny asked, but she looked a little too happy to be actually concerned, so Deathbringer got the feeling she already suspected why there were here.

"You're here because I wanted to ask you something, and Glory's not here because the question I'm asking is about her, and she can't know about it, so none of you can tell her what we talk about in here, okay?" He looked pointedly at Kinkajou, Clay, and Sunny, as they were most likely to mess up.

"Okay," Clay said seriously. Deathbringer shifted on his feet.

"Seeing as you're all among the dragons Glory considers family and friends, I want to ask your permission to ask her to marry me," He declared. The reaction was, well, as varied as he'd expected.

Sunny let out a loud, screeching noise that could've broken glass and then clutched at her chest.

"BE STILL, MY GLORYBRINGER HEART!" She yelled.

"OH THREE MOONS YES!!!!" Kinkajou screamed. "OF COURSE YOU CAN ASK! CAN I HELP PLAN THE-" She paused, as if realizing that her voice was loud enough for everyone in Pyrrhia to hear. "-Proposal. I want to help plan the proposal. AND THE WEDDING!!!!!"

"Absolutely not," Tsunami proclaimed. "I mean I can't stand Glory have the time, but I'm not gonna let her get stuck with you."

"Why not?" Deathbringer asked.

"Because, oh, I don't know, YOU TRIED TO KILL US?"

"That was years ago! And I didn't even really try! I helped you more than I attempted to murder you."

"And that changes NOTHING in my book, sorry." Grandeur nodded.

"I have to agree," She said. "As much as I know you and Glory care for each other, you have to think bigger. What would the tribes say if the Rainwing Queen married a Nightwing?"