*Airflyer

Air, Air, Air, and oh, AIR.

Nightflyer's mind was on a loop, an endless cycle. He just couldn't stop thinking about her, even if he tried. But of course, he didn't try very hard because why would he? 

Why would he ever want to stop thinking about Air? She was perfect.

Yes, Nightflyer knows he is unhealthily head over heels for the Mudwing-Skywing hybrid, but he just doesn't care. He's obsessed. He's not in love, he knows that. He and Air don't know about each other to be in love yet. He loved reading scrolls about dragons who fell in love at first sight, but he also knew it wasn't entirely logical.

Well, it was a little logical. The second he way Air, he knew he could never be 'just friends' with her, but he couldn't say that he was in love with her. It was too soon. To say you were in love with someone after just a little while of knowing them was creepy. 

So Nightflyer wasn't in love with Air. He was just... infatuated by her, and everything to do with her. He wanted to know everything about her, but not in like some creepy stalkerish way, he assured himself. He just wanted to get to know her better because, in his eyes, Air was already perfect. He just wanted to know every little detail that made her even MORE perfect.

They had all their classes together, so that certainly helped, even if was starting to annoy everyone around him while he was walking around with borderline heart eyes.

"Nightflyer-" Joy started one day when they were in History class. "Nightflyer." She poked him, but he didn't turn. Air was doodling something in her notes. Neither of her parents had very good attention spans, so Nightflyer supposed it made sense that Air didn't pay attention for long. Plus, she'd always rather be in the art cave instead of actual class.

He knew she was drawing instead of writing notes because her tongue was sticking out of the corner of her mouth, like it always did when she focused, and her eyes were narrowed like they were when she drew, because she wasn't as confident in sketching as she was in sculpting, so she was never really satisfied in her drawings like she was with her sculptures. To someone else, she probably looked ridiculous, but Nightflyer didn't care. She looked beautiful, as usual.

And then Joy slapped him in the face.

"OW," He said, forcing himself to look away. "What was that for?" Joy waved a piece of paper in his face.

"We're filling out worksheets. I get that you're obsessed with Air, but can you take a staring break and do your work so you don't fail out and then never see her again?" Joy offered. Nightflyer sighed. She had a point, but Joy was never nice without ulterior motives.

"Which question do you need the answer to?" He asked.

"Six and eight."

"The Scorching."

"For which one?"

"Both of them." He turned back to Air.

"You didn't even read the questions!"

"Mhmmmm," He zoned out again, ignoring Joy's droning. 

*****

It wasn't like Air didn't know about his obsession either. She was well aware that she had Nightflyer wrapped around her tail, and that he'd do anything she asked. Several dragons had suggested she use that to her advantage, but Air didn't want to. She liked Nightflyer, and she thought that the way he followed her like a lost baby animal was adorable. They walked to their classes together, he'd come to the art cave with her, and they'd sit next to each other when they ate in the Prey Center.