*Rayander

Ray and Ander were hanging out on one of the platforms in the Rainwing village, enjoying the sun and cautiously ignoring the day stars. Ray marveled at the peacefulness of it. His mind, along with Mea's, was normally buzzing nonstop with words, predictions, warnings, always screaming concerns and impending dooms. But it seemed like the world wouldn't be ending today, as no stars were screaming violently at his brain. Their whispers had dulled to a calm hum, and it was almost starting to sound like a song. Ander must've felt the same way, as she was mimicking the humming herself.

That was just one of the many reasons Ray loved his soulmate. They were always on the same page, even in their minds. It was a unique link in the universe, and he adored it.

Of course, communicating with the stars had several drawbacks, naturally. The constant voices in your head was one, but you got used to those after awhile. No, Ray's only issue with the stars was, well....

It was complicated.

A group of younger dragonets half flew, half fell over onto the platform, looking at Ray and Ander warily, yet curiously. He smiled at the dragonets, and they grinned back.

"Are you a REAL Seawing?" One of them asked.

"Course he's a real Seawing! What kinda ques'on is THAT?" Another one yelled.

"Well the princes and princessesesses aren't REAL Seawings-" The first one began.

"SHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" A third dragonet hissed. He pointed at Ander. "YOU CAN'T TALK ABOUT THE PRINCESSESESSES WHEN ONE OF THEM IS RIGHT THERE!!!"

"Why not?"

"Mommy says it's rude."

"Your Mommy is stupid."

"SHE IS NOT!"

"SHE IS SO!"

"YOU'RE STUPID!"

"YOU'RE STUPID, BANANA BRAIN!"

"WALNUT HEAD!"

"STINK FACE!" Ray was struggling not to laugh, and Ander watched the dragonets with him, amused.

"To answer your question," He cut in. "Yes, I'm a REAL Seawing."

"Are you gonna stay here FOREVER like Princessey Scary's Seawing?" It was getting harder not to laugh.

"Maybe." He glanced at Ander, who raised an eyebrow at the dragonets.

"And in case you were wondering," She started, turning to the third dragonet. "Your mother's IQ is a 99, which is fairly average, so she wouldn't qualify as stupid, whereas," She looked to the first dragonet. "Your mother has an IQ of 48, so if anyone is stupid, it's her. It's also scientifically and physically impossible for anyone to have a banana brain or a walnut head, although we do share a decent amount of DNA with bananas- not as much as scavengers of course, but I wonder about the possible applications in charabia aléatoire en français."

The dragonets stared at her, blank faced. Ray's smile fell.

"See?" The first dragonet loudly whispered to the others. "THAT's why she's the weird princessesessey." They ran off and Ander tilted her head.

"Did I say something wrong?" She asked.

"No, I think you just spoke a bit above their intelligence level, mi amore." Ray offered. 

"Makes sense. That one will only have an IQ of 43 in the future." Ray thought for a minute.

"Mea, how often to dragons call you weird?"