*Facaw

Macaw was out of ideas. He'd tried everything. He'd sucked up to Joy for years, and she'd done nothing but repeatedly send him to various infirmaries. She hated him. Her friends hated him. Kelp would kill him if he went anywhere near her again, especially now that Joy had married that idiot.

He had lost. He knew it, but he refused to accept it. Surely there was some angle he could work at from afar to get Joy on his side. 

He stormed through the forest, slapping at the leaves that hit him in the face and glaring at the plants. He couldn't help it. He was mad. He had devoted his life to Joy, of all dragons, and the kindest thing she'd ever done was to spit in his face. The fact that she was one day going to be queen made Macaw shudder. The poor rainforest.

He shoved his way past a bush of some kind and paused at the sound of someone talking.

"Stupid Nightflyer....." A female voice was complaining. "He has NO IDEA what he's missing." Macaw walked closer until he spotted a shockingly beautiful Nightwing sitting before a small stream, glaring at the water and occasionally throwing rocks in the stream out of anger as she ranted about how stupid Nightflyer was.

Macaw knew Nightflyer. Of course he did. Until they had gone to JMA, he had thought Nightflyer would be his competition for Joy. He hadn't expected Kelp to swoop in and steal the princess from him. But Nightflyer was Joy's good friend. If this Nightwing had problems with him.... Maybe he could think of something that could benefit them both.

He stepped out from the bushes, the Nightwing whipping around to face him.

"Hey," He offered. The Nightwing narrowed her eyes.

"You look familiar," She said suspiciously. "Have we met before?"

"No.... I'm Macaw."

"Macaw...." She echoed. "Ah. So YOU'RE  the dragon I'm always getting compared to." Macaw crinkled his snout.

"Why would ANYONE compare you to ME? We definitely look nothing alike."

"Oh, I know." She grinned. "I'm much prettier."

"Don't remind me," Macaw muttered, sitting down next to her. "I couldn't help but overhear that you were complaining about Nightflyer?"

"Do you know him?"'

"I know OF him. We're not friends."

"Well then you're probably great. Nightflyer befriends all the wrong dragons."

"So does Joy."

"Joy? As in Princess Joy?"

"Yep."

"Isn't she a psychopath?"

"Well-" Macaw paused. "Yes. Yes she is."

"She told Nightflyer to kill me once."

"She hog tied me and played tether ball with me as the ball once."

"Oh my gosh! You poor dragon!"

"It was rough."

"Who DOES that to someone?" Macaw shrugged.

"Joy." She looked at him.

"I'm Faithbringer, by the way."

"Well it's nice to meet you." Macaw studied her for a moment. "Say.... what if I told you I knew a way we could get back at Nightflyer AND Joy? It seems like we're in the same situation here, after all." Faithbringer scoffed.

"The same situation huh? Unlikely. I'm completely in love with Nightflyer, but he's too stupid to notice. He's with some weird Skywing hybrid instead."