*Fathindigo

Fathom had been planning this night for weeks. 

He and Indigo, after the whole incident with Darkstalker, were now living together on an island in the Bay of a Thousand Scales. It was quiet and peaceful, and, best of all, no one was there to yell at them for being together. 

Fathom still thought about Darkstalker and Clearsight every day, wondering how it could've gone differently. He still worried constantly that Darkstalker could appear again some day and want revenge, but he wasn't sure. The Nightwing tribe had disappeared entirely, in a way that was sending the rest of Pyrrhia reeling with both wonder and concern. Clearsight hadn't been seen or heard by anyone in years, and while Fathom was worried for his friend, he got the feeling that she was okay wherever she had ended up. And since so much time had passed since Darkstalker, Fathom worried about him less and less with each passing day. Instead, he spent more and more time thinking about Indigo.

Indigo, who he had loved forever. Indigo, the only one who had stuck by him, even when she was pissed off at him. She could've left their island and returned to the Sea Kingdom anytime she wanted, but she didn't. She, and Blob, had chosen to stay with him.

Which led Fathom to tonight. He'd practiced for so long with Blob to get it just right.

There were a few trees on their island whose leaves drooped down in such a way that it almost created a little canopy. It was in this space that Fathom trapped a bunch of glowworms and fireflies for light, and he'd set up a picnic.

He and Indigo had eaten there and had a wonderful time, as usual, reminiscing about time when they were little, before things like massacres and crazed animuses had made their lives hectic.. 

Then, as the moon was shining a bit brighter, Blob had wandered over.

"Hey Blob," Indigo grinned and reached out. Fathom nodded subtly at the little octopus, and he flopped over into Indigo's talons, little tentacles slipping something onto one of her talons. Indigo frowned as Blob made his way up to his usual resting spot on her head. "What's this?" She asked, taking in the piece of jewelry that now rested on her talon.

"I was wondering," Fathom started. "If after all this time, and all the craziness we've been through together, if you would..." He scratched at the back of his neck as Indigo stared at him. "If you would like to marry me." She continued to stare.

"Fathom," She whispered, still staring. "You know we can't-"

"I know we can't go back to the Sea Kingdom together," He insisted. "But nobody cares what we do here. We could be happy together here. Who's going to say no? Blob?" Despite herself, Indigo smiled.

"Still," She continued. "You're an animus. The whole reason everyone was concerned about our relationship in the first place was because of dragonets, and if we get married..."

"I know." Fathom sighed. "But isn't that a risk everyone takes anyway? I had the same chances of being an animus as my sister did, and her dragonets have the chance of being animus as mine do! It shouldn't make a difference that I am one, and if we happen to have a dragonet that's an animus, I'll take care of it."

"How?"

"I'll teach them about their powers, but I'll also warn them. Darkstalker went mad with power. He's a warning tale about why you shouldn't use animus magic too much. I don't want an animus to fear their power, but I will make sure they don't abuse it. And if they do.... then I'll find a way to deal with that too."

"Like you did with Darkstalker?" Indigo questioned. "I don't want that ending for one of my dragonets, Fathom."

"I'll find a better way then. We had no other options with Darkstalker, and he was different. Any dragonet of ours wouldn't be like him." He shook his head. "But that's not the point, Indigo. I don't want to worry about potential animus dragonets right now. I want to know if you want to marry me or not."

"I mean, nobody would be able to officiate it...."

"Does that REALLY matter? I'll have Blob officiate it if you want. I'll do whatever you want me to." He stared at her, hopeful, his heart's fate resting on what she said next.

Indigo studied the ring, impressed that he'd been able to make one out of things solely on their island. She did think about it. About what would happen either way. If she said no, she'd have to leave. There would be no discussion about that. Fathom loved her and she loved him. If she said no, that would be the end of it all. But if she said yes....

She could picture it. Her and Fathom, happy even though they were alone on the island. Dragonets running around. But what would become of those children? Would they be allowed in the Sea Kingdom if Fathom wasn't? She didn't know. 

She needed to stop thinking of what ifs. She and Fathom had been through so much. All that mattered in her response was if she wanted to be with Fathom forever or not. And she'd known the answer to that since she was a little dragonet.

"OF COURSE I'LL MARRY YOU!" She yelled, tackling Fathom into the sand. He yelped as the hit the ground, but then they started laughing.

"Really?" He asked.

"Really." She grinned as his face lit up with happiness.

"That is the best thing I've heard in a very long time," He whispered before pulling her closer and kissing her.