Chapter 23 - Aftermath

After Greninja had woken up, it was a whole mess afterwards, firefighters, policemen, news reporters, emergency responders, everything. The city they lived in was filled with Pokemon, especially ones that were intrigued with what caused such destruction.

"Greninja did you take down Mewtwo by yourself?!"

"How did you do it?!"

"What were the psychic's motives?!"

News reporters all shouted, crowding the group of friends and bombarding them with questions. They all tried to answer their best, trying to hear their own voices with the flash of cameras going off every two seconds.

After going through hours of interviews and questions, the group of friends said their goodbyes and went their own ways.

"H-Hey, Greninja? Let's go to my place ok?" Braixen asked softly to the barely awake Greninja. He looked over at her, gave her a smile, and nodded. The fox Pokemon grabbed his hand as they walked back to her home, which luckily was unscathed.

Greninja sat down on her couch upon entering and arriving, and let out a tired croak. His breath was heavy and it was clear that Greninja was exhausted. Braixen sat next to him, and looked up and down at him. Surprisingly, all of his injuries were gone and healed all of a sudden. "Must've been healed when the transformation took place." Braixen pondered to herself curiously.

"I'm soooo tired..." Greninja chuckled softly, trying to lift the Braixen's worries. His eyes met hers, and Braixen could feel the butterflies in her stomach. Without a doubt, she knew he was falling deeper in love with her partner. "Maybe a shower and sleep will do the trick." Braixen suggested, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek. He nodded, and made his way to the shower, slowly and tiredly.

~

It wasn't long before Greninja had finished showering and was back to sitting at the couch, dried off. Braixen inspected his body once more, and ran her hands over his shoulders, to his muscular arms. A blush washed over her as she realized that she had sat on the frog's lap subconsciously. "Any injuries Dr. Braixen?" Greninja teased, his eyes still closed. "S-Shut up, Greninja." She chuckled awkwardly.

"Make me-" Greninja chuckled before being cut-off as Braixen's lips crashed into his.

Greninja rested his hands on her hips, as hers caressed his chest and the back of his head. She pushed deeper into the kiss, clearly enjoying it. Greninja obliged and rolled with it. They went on to make out for a couple more seconds, before Braixen broke off the kiss and rested her head on his hard chest. "I love you, Greninja~" Braixen nuzzled against him.

"I love you too, Braixen my dear. I would do whatever it takes to protect you." He whispered softly into her ear, causing her to feel goosebumps down her back.

"Hey, Greninja?"

"Yea?"

"How about we stay together forever~...."

"Yea, I'd like that..."

And with that both Pokemon fell asleep, enjoying each others company.