Chapter 12

Scott's Pov

I heard a knock on my door. I opened it to see Callum and Oli both looking at me worried. They shoved a newspaper in my hands and walked inside saying nothing. I looked at the newspaper and saw an article. Just as I was about to read it Joel called me. I picked up "Channel 3 now" I was so confused. I turned on my TV.

Breaking news! A 36 year old Charlie Hoberts has escaped from prison in London. He has been put there causing a car accident while drink driving and potentially murdering a family during that. If anyone see's him please make sure to immediately visit your local police station!

I looked at the new paper. It had the same thing written on it. "C-could he have kidnaped y/n?" Oli asked worried. I was shook. I sat down and put my head in my hands. Just then Joel bursted through my door and put a laptop on my lap and hit play. "Lizzie remembered we have cameras on our front door in case Buddy escaped" Joel explained. The video had a man breaking into their house. Through the window you could see him getting the key to my house from the hall and going back outside. "Wait can I see that?" Oli said taking the laptop from me. "Look! It's him!" He said showing us a small frame where the camera showed the man's face. "Guys... I just found something" Callum said showing me a article on his phone. "What is this?" I asked. "It's an article from 4 years ago" I read it and I was even more shook. The article said about a man going into a car accident and his 9 year old daughter being taken to an orphanage. "Could that be... Y/n father?" Callum asked. "Omg" I said. "We need to go to the police station" Oli said. "Ok guys I'll leave you my laptop with the camera footage but I have to go back to Lizzie. She's really worried from the whole situation" Joel said. We all went outside and after locking my door I sat down in Callum's car. We drove to the police station and showed them everything. They said that this is very helpful to their situation and are sure to look for him straight away. But they said they couldn't look for y/n just yet as it HAD to be 24 hours. We drove back to my house. I was frustrated. Y/n was missing and they were doing nothing about it! "I'm not leaving it like this. I'm going to look for her myself!" I said. "Scott you need to calm down" Callum tried calming me. "Y/n is missing and the police are doing nothing! Now am I supposed to be calm? What if she's hurt? I heard from the woman at the orphanage that she was abused by her father!" I said sitting down putting my head in my hands.