[2] Reasoning

Damnit, damnit, damnit! How was I supposed to get out tonight knowing that Todoroki is already onto me?
"Hey there, (Y/N/N)-kun!" Came a sweet, bubbly voice from behind me. It was Uraraka. "Todoroki told us you were up."
"Yeah," I replied. "Anyways, where are we now exactly?"
"Oh! We're at training," she chortled. "You didn't miss it completely!" And with that, I was off. Missing training was never a good thing being that my quirk only worked with good moves.
Once I arrived in the field, right off the bat I saw Kirishima looking at me with a look on his face. Don't you fucking dare.
"KNEW YOU WERE TIRED!" Kirishima bellowed. He now had me within a rock solid hug.
It then happened in a heartbeat. Using the wrist-slam move I had gathered from Midoriya, I slammed Kirishima into the ground with a thud.
"I told you to leave me alone, dammit," I said in a hushed-tone. I felt the same terrible bile in my throat that I had when I realized Todoroki had found me out. It's been awhile since I've felt this helpless; but now that feeling was creeping back; and it hit hard.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As I sat in Principle Nezu's office, waiting for him to give me a punishment, a new feeling bubbled up: stupidity. Kiri really didn't deserve what I did.. I thought. Now I feel like a bitch. Will he forgive me?
My train of thought was broken when I heard Principle Nezu speaking in his cheerful, but chilling voice.
"My punishment is rather simple you see," he began. "House-arrest! I will be having basic work sent to you but you'll be missing hero training. You'll also being helping out with chores around the dorm."
Great. Another thing on my plate.
"Oh, and I've heard of your tactics from another student," when Principle Nezu said that, my body went rigid.
"What tactics?" I asked, trying my best to sound calm and unaware.
"Maybe the one who told me can remind you!" Principle Nezu then said something into his intercom that made rigid turn into rage. "Will Shoto Todoroki please report to the principal's office?"
Of course that fucker would give me away! But why? He doesn't know shit really! That was the last clear thought I had as we waited in more silence for Todoroki to arrive.
As he entered the room, the already tense atmosphere grew worse.
"I ratted you out because I knew you were going somewhere you shouldn't have been," he said in a matter-of-fact tone.
"Damnit, you sound like Iida.." I growled. It was the only tone I could muster without shouting.
"Look, I actually agree with Iida. Enough rule-breaking has happened. We're lucky Mr. Aizawa hasn't sent any of us out on our asses yet."
"Language, boys," Principle Nezu cut in, his cheerful voice more annoying than ever.
"Anyways, I would like to get back to my classes so.. See you." And just like that, Todoroki left.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Later that night, I was back to my silent, preserved self. Except there was now an added tensity as I stared out the window into the woods longingly.
"I wouldn't think of going out again," came what was so obviously Todoroki's voice from behind me.
"Why'd you do it..." I said to him. I made sure I pitched my voice into a tone that surely would intimidate someone.
"I already told you the answer to that," he said, and to my agitation, not fazed at all.
"Listen, if I tell you why I'm doing this, will you consider letting me go?" Todoroki looked like he was thinking about it. And then finally he responded.
"Shoot away, (Y/L/N)," he chided. "Let the reasoning begin."