chapter nineteen

I walked into the house, throwing my bag on the counter, "fucking socs" I mumbled, making my way over to the kitchen, getting a glass from the cupboard and then going over to the sink. I turned the sink on and put the glass under the stream of water filling up the glass. When the glass was half full, I turned off the faucet and walked over to the table. Placing the glass ontop of the table and pulling out the chair to sit down.

I grabbed my laptop and opened it, I typed in the password than opened the browser once it logged into it. Typing in a few words into the browser, I decided to look up some good collages in the area. Or at least, some good ones that would fit me. It was coming close to my graduation, and I figured that my grades were good. I talked to a few teachers, most of them said I had a pretty good chance at getting a scholarship to a pretty good school.

I sighed as I sat back, "I don't want to do this" I whined,

"Do what?" Dallas asked, walking into the room, throwing his car keys on the counter before joining her at the table, I sighed and looked at him, "I'm trying to find good collages to go to. Speaking that graduation isnt that far" I replied, clicking on a few links, "plus, I've got a good chance at getting into one" I added. Dallas nodded, "don't you want to be an FBI agent or sum?" He asked. I shrugged, "detective more or less. But you have to become a police officer to become a detective. So, I guess so" I replied.

Dallas nodded, "you sure did your research" he said, I chuckled, "trust me, I've done alot of research" I said. He nodded and looked over her shoulder, "you should go to Oakland. Here it's a great school" he said, I nodded, "it's in Michigan, ain't that pretty far?" I asked, Dallas shrugged, "depends, you're obviously gonna have to room there" he replied. I nodded and kept scrolling, "well, there's the university of Tusla. If I could get into that school I can easily stay here and drive to school" I replied, clicking onto the page. Dallas hummed in response, "but do they have a criminal justice program?" He asked.

I just shrugged and clicked their 'program' tab on their website. I sighed, "unfortunately no" I replied, going through a few other collages in Oklahoma, "but, there is a criminal justice program in the university of central Oklahoma. Which isn't really that far from here. Only an hour and thirty-three minutes from here" I replied, Dallas nodded, "look into it" he replied, patting my shoulder before getting up and walking out.

He stooped when he got to the door frame before looking over his shoulder, "Johnny would be proud of you, y/n" he said. I nodded, "I hope so" I replied, I turned around in my seat, "he's been gone for three years dal, you haven't even visited his grave" I replied, Dallas just sighed and looked away, "sometimes I just- I just feel like it's my fault, that's all" he replied, sitting down on the couch in the living room. I followed him and sat down.

"Dal, what happened to Johnny wasn't ur fault, johnny died a hero. He and pony made the decision to go into that burning church. They saved all those kids dal. It's nobody's fault. He died a true hero" I told him, placing my hand on top of his, giving him a warm assuring smile. He refused to look at me, I knew he was fighting to hold back years. Despite dally being a dick, he has feelings. That night johnny died, I ain't ever seen somebody who looked so broken, and I thought I was bad.

Dallas just sat there, refusing to look up. We sat here, In a moment of silence.

Something wet touched my hand, I looked down to see one single tear drop had fallen on my hand.

I looked at Dallas in awe and I used my other hand to lift his head up, I took my sleeve to wipe most of his tears, "listen, I'm sad too. I'll always love johnny. But I know him, he wouldn't want us to be sad all our lives. He would want us to move on" I replied. He grabbed my write as a way of feeling comfort.

I took my hand from off of his and patted his shoulder, "now we have other things to worry about. Like what I'm gonna wear to that not so secret surprise graduation party you guys are planning" I replied. Dallas gasped and playfully his my shoulder, "how'd you know about that?!" He looked offended. I laughed, "soda let it slip while we were picking up my gown" I replied.

Dallas groaned, "I knew he couldn't keep it!" He said, I put my hands up in defense, "in my opinion, at least I know I should look good that day. But like, I'm probably just gonna wear my gown speaking y'all planned it right after my God damn graduation" I chuckled. Dallas shook his head, "see, I know me and darry should have kept it a secret" he said.

I shrugged and walked out, "I'll act surprised!" I yelled, walking into my room, Dallas chuckled, "you fuckin better! Or I'll beat yo ass" He yelled. back. I peaked my head out and looked at him, "that's hot" I replied, Dallas looked at her, "get your kinky ass in your room" he laughed, "damn, I'm being grounded" I replied, acting hurt. I shut my door as I heard dal laughing from the other room.