III. Strange Voices

III. Strange Voices

"Ashlynn it's nice to see you again," Turning around I see Ben standing there with a smile on his face.

"Its great to see you too," I say smiling

"Did you get lost?" he asks.

"That obvious?" I ask as I cringe.

"Sorta," he laughs, making me laugh too. As I laugh I didn't notice that we were making long eye contact until someone dropped a coin into the fountain making us both break eye contact. Blushing I turn my head to see who dropped it in.

"Here i'll walk you to your dorm," he says making me turn back around and already seeing him ahead of me, speed walking next to him I see him already talking.

"So where did you go after school?" he asks as we continue.

"Oh I went to the Glass Slipper with Evie," I say looking over at him.

"No wonder I couldn't find you," he says laughing. He continued talking and asking questions and which I answered until we both heard a voice.

"Gee does princy ever shut up?"  I hear Jaq say. My eyes widen and I see Ben confused.

"Did you hear that?"

"Hear what?" I say acting confused.

"I thought... I thought I heard a voice?" he says confused with himself.

"Uh I don't know maybe you're just imagining," I say shaking my head.

"He is not imagining, it's just us!" Says Gus through my bag this time. 

"There it is again!" He says looking around. I hit my bag with my hand causing both Jaq and Gus to yelp."ouch!"  

Ben looks through the bushes and as he does I open my bag and tell Jaq and Gus to be quiet. As I turn back around to Ben he turns around at the same time making us both bump into each other and making me fall to the ground, but I don't feel the hard impact of the floor. Instead I feel two large warm hands grabbing my waist.

"I honestly thought that I was going to have a bruise by tomorrow when I fall," I say making eye contact with him.

"Well then, I guess it was good thing that I caught you," he says staring at my eyes as if he couldn't look anywhere else.

"Ahem," we both turn our heads and see Fairy Godmother looking at us with her arms folded.

"Fairy Godmother," we both say as we get up and remove ourselves from each other.

"We were just-"

"you know-"

"It's not what it looks like-"

"kids!" we both stop rambling and look at her.

"Im watching you both," she teasingly says pointing at us. I put my lips in a thin line trying to hold in my laughter and I look at Ben and see that both of us are trying to hold in a laugh. He continues to walk me back to my room.

"Well we're here, thank you for walking me to my room," I say as I open my door.

"Of course, glad that I was able to help," he says while smiling and soon leaves. Closing the door I take my bag off and put it on my bed.

"Is he gone?" I hear Gus say from my bag. Opening it I let them both out and nod my head.

I look for my pajamas in the closet since someone put my clothes in the closet while I was in class, I get ready for bed and start off by putting my hair into braids.

"So what are you going to do with princy boy," Jaq says as he hands me a hair-tie.

"Who Ben? Well we're just friends," I say handing them both a piece of cheese.

"Well its obvious that he likes you!" Gus says as he chews from his cheese

"Don't say such nonsense," I laugh as I put them to bed. I lay down on my bed soon after and read a book for a couple of minutes until I see the time. I put the book down and shut the light off and soon I see the darkness and dream.

        "Ash this is the exact spot we first met not so long ago, I feel like I've known you my whole life," smiling I look at Ben in the eyes as if it was just us. He smirks and backs up as he says.

"but did I mention i'm in love with you" smiling I hear everyone say 'awe' on how cute the moment was. Suddenly I hear guitar strings and look over to see Doug playing the guitar and Evie next to him. I look back to Ben and cover my mouth in shock.

"I met this girl that rocked my world

Like its never been rocked

And now i'm living just for her and I won't ever stop

I never thought that it could happen to guy like me," Ben sings as he and I walk in a circle before I look out at everyone while happy and in shock. 

"But now look at what you've done

You got me down on my knee," I turn back to Ben and now see him on his knee. He hands the microphone to Carlos before pulling out a blue velvet box. "Ash, it's you and me. It's you and me forever." Ben opens the box to reveal a ring with a blue stone. Everyone gasps in shock especially Chad who was with Audrey who looked like she was about to cry. "Will you marry me? Will you be my Queen?"

"No!"