V. Did I Mention

V. Did I Mention

"This is a nail-biter, folks. There's 47 seconds left on the clock. We're all tied up. The Sherwood falcons, two. The fighting knights, two. What a game between Auradon's fiercest rivals," The first announcer says.

"Get 'em, Chad," I hear Jay say as Chad gets ready to get back in.

"Thanks, Jay," Chad says before running back onto the field.

"The teams go into their huddle and take up positions along the kill zone. The dragoneers have been laying down a withering hail of fire," The second announcer explains.

"Akiho," The coach calls and a kid runs off the field. Coach then turns to Jay. "You're up,"

"And now a substitution..." The first announcer says.

"Coach, how about my buddy here?" Jay asks as he pulls Carlos up.

"Not so sure about," Coach says.

"Coach, he's been practicing. And you said yourself a team is made up of a bunch of parts," Jay starts explaining.

"Jay, I'm not that good," Carlos argues.

"Well, he's kind of like my brain," Jay finishes as he finally wins the coach over.

"Come here!" Coach calls. I smile at how he listen to Jay and how Jay did anything to have his friend with him. "You heard him. Get out there!"

"Don't worry, bro. I got your back," Jay tells Carlos.

"How about my front?" Carlos asks worriedly. The girls look at each other and start giggling about what they just said to each other.

"Yeah he is defiantly goners," Mal says as she claps her hands together.

"He's bringing that hothead Jay in from the isle of the lost and that little guy Carlos can barely hold a shield," The second announcer explains. "When they break from their huddles, this is gonna be a big moment here. And the tipoff is ready. Here we go. Long pass goes to Jay. Jay dishes off to prince Ben. Nice little block by Carlos. He does a little dancing jig in his opponent's face. And now Jay gets the ball back. Here comes Jay! Jay, hurdling maneuver at mid-field. Jay makes a nice pass to prince Ben through the kill zone. Big block by Chad! Prince Ben moves over wide, gives it back to Jay. He's in the clear! Shot! Oh, what a save by Philip the falcons' goalkeeper! 23 seconds left. You could cut the tension with a sword. The long ball is played into Jay. Jay, great jump, great leap. And a great move by Jay. Big block from Chad. Jay dishes off to prince Ben. And then Carlos with a big block, goes down. Jay through the kill zone, picks up Carlos. Oh, he's being hammered by dragon fire. Still, going on. Jay, hurdling maneuver at mid-field. He's in the clear. The ball goes back to Jay." Ashlynn, Evie, and Mal grab onto each other as they watch Jay hit the ball off of Carlos' shield before getting the ball back. "He passes to prince Ben. He scores! Prince Ben has won it!" The three girls let out squeals of joy. "What an unselfish play by Jay! What a team! Incredible! And It's the new guys, Jay and Carlos, who set up the prince for the win here. What a victory! An absolutely wonderful end to one of the best games ever. Here they come, folks. The winners of the first tourn..." Ben quickly grabs the microphone without thinking,  Ben's only thoughts were on Ashlynn.