VI. The One Rose

VI. The One Rose

It's been a few hours after the game and I was finally back at my dorm doing homework as I lay on bed with my shoes and the same outfit on. As I do my homework I talk to Gus and Jaq on how much of a crazy day it was.

"Well do you love him?" Gus asks after I tell him how Ben said the 'I love you' to me... I've only been here for a few days and he is already telling me how he loves me and after the game I did't know what we were until Evie, Lonnie, and Jane tell me, but it turns out were dating now? I hold the flower that Ben gave me and smile at how beautiful it was. I think about his question for a few moments and shake my head.

"Ugh what's the matter with me, you'd think a girl would learn after hearing about romance stories from brokenhearted girls at the shop," I say looking at him.

"If there's a prize for rotten judgement

I guess I've already won that

No man is worth the aggravation

That's ancient history, been there, done that!" I say as I get up to stare at the picture that we took after the game on my phone, throwing my phone on the bed I sigh and sit down with the rose in my hand.

"Who'd' ya think you're kiddin'

He's the Earth and heaven to you

Try to keep it hidden

Honey, we can see right through you

Girl, ya can't conceal it

We know how ya feel and who you're thinking of," I hear voices sing, but I ignore it as I get up and start to walk around my room.

"No chance, no way

I won't say it, no, no," I say flicking my hand.

"You swoon, you sigh

why deny it, uh-oh

It's too cliche

I won't say I'm in love," I walk out of my room and walk down the hall.

"I thought my heart had learned its lesson

It feels so good when you start out

My head is screaming get a grip, girl

Unless you're dying to cry your heart out," I was finally outside as I heard 'ahs' I quickly move my head to see who it was that was singing behind me, just to see no one there.  

"Oh

You keep on denying

Who you are and how you're feeling

Baby, we're not buying

Hon, we saw ya hit the ceiling

Face it like a grown-up

When ya gonna own up

That ya got, got, got it bad," I walk away from where I was and walk over to where the bushes were and see a pair of bunnies lovingly together as if they were kissing I smile while walking away and see a pond that leads to another side.

"Whoa, No chance, no way

I won't say it, no, no," As I jump on the last rock I was about to fall in the pound I grab a mysteriously hand, I look up and just my luck see a statue of Ben. I grin and put my hands to touch his 'face'.

"Give up, give in

Check the grin you're in love," My smile falls I hear them what they say.

"This scene won't play,

I won't say I'm in love," I walk away to my room with my hands on my head trying to get him out of my head.

"You're doin' flips read our lips

You're in love

You're way off base

I won't say it

She won't say it, no!

Get off my case

I won't say it

Girl, don't be proud

It's O.K. you're in love,"  I sit down on my bed and crossing my arms while looking out the window. Sighing I put my arms down and lean back just to feel something on my left hand. Looking down at it I see that it was the rose that Ben gave me that I threw.

"Oh-ohhhhh

At least out loud,

I won't say I'm in love," I bring the rose closer to me and smile at how beautiful it was. Holding it close to my chest I lay back to my bed slowly with a big smile on my face.

         "Ben!" I say as I catch up to him in the hall.

"Ashlynn! I was just walking to your locker to come talk to you," He says smiling.

"Well it looks like I beat you to it," we stare at each other a few moments and laugh as we move our eyes else where.

"I was actually wondering if you were free today after school?" he asks as we walk down the hall for him to drop me off at my math class.

"Uh yes! I am actually," I say rubbing my hand over the books that I was holding.

"Here let me take that," Ben says grabbing my books.

"No, its alright I can take them," I say trying to get them just for him to move it away from me.

"No, as you're boyfriend I should be doing these things," he says, I stop walking and my eyes go wide, is this really what it's like having a boyfriend? I never knew having a boyfriend would also include him holding your books, giggling at him I look forward again and wait for him to talk.

"Anyways I will pick you up at 4'clock for our date," he says not noticing that I was no longer next to him, a date!? Walking back next to him before he notices i'm gone, I feel my palms sweat.

"Is that fine?" We stop at my classroom door and I see him with his head tilted waiting for my response.

"Yeah of course!" I say as I take my books back from him and giggle nervously.

"Ok great I'll see you later, I love you," he says before kissing my cheek and leaving to get to his class. I stand there stunned by the situation and walk into class sitting next to Lonnie. She looks away from her book for a moment to glance at me and then looks at me again.

"Uh is everything alright?" she asks as I was still with my eyes very wide open in shock on what just had happened.

"Yeah yeah... Everything is perfect, good!" I say still in a trance and hear the bell ring saying class was now in session.