IX. A Broken Heart

IX: A Broken Heart

IX: A Broken Heart

Ashlynns POV

Everyone gasps as they see Mal and Ben together and holding hands.

"No way."

"I thought he was dating Ashlynn."

"Oh hey Ashlynn, i'm sorry we couldn't tell you sooner," Mal giggles as she looks at me, I look over to Evie with shock and see her shake her head.

"Im so sorry," she mouths to me, moving my head away from her I look at the pair with tears in my eyes.

"Ben? You and Mal are dating?" I ask with confusion as I get closer to them and looking at how Mal was holding his arm.

"But the other day? The date? I thought you said-"

"What I said was mistake, I really thought I was in love with you when really it was Mal this whole time! I'm in love with Mal," he says which broke me my heart.

"Can someone please explain on what's going on?" My dad asks as he stands next to beast who was standing behind me. I feel a hand grab my shoulder I turn around to see that it was Audreys. She looks at me with a soft look and hugs me as I cry onto her arms.

"I know that we are having our differences right now and a rough patch with a rough start, but us princesses must always help one another" she whispers making me smile at her.

Before anyone could answer, Audrey's grandmother, Queen Leah had spoken up.

"Is everything quiet alright?" She then saw me in Audreys arm in a crying mess. "Oh my, Ashlynn honey! Are you quite alright dear?"

I nod my head at her and turn around to see Mal still with Ben, "Now, have we met?" Queen Leah asked Mal suspiciously. Audrey try's to hold her grandma back, but was too late as Mal started talking to her

"No, I don't think so. I'm new. I'm sort of like a... Transfer student," Mal responds.

"Oh, yes," she says still a bit suspicious before turning away.

"Grammy," Audrey says as she grabs her grandmas hand.

"Oh, Audrey! Give grammy a kiss, dear," The lady says as she didn't notice her before, they kiss cheeks. And Mal looks at the pair in shock.

"Grammy?" Mal asks Audrey.

"Sleeping beauty's mother," Audrey answers and Leah nods. "Grammy, I don't think you want to be talking to this girl. Unless you feel like taking another hundred-year nap," Audrey advised as she holds onto both her grandma and Ashlynn.

"What? You! How are you here? And how have you stayed so young?" Queen Leah raising her voice in confusion and starts to interrogate Mal.

"Queen Leah, It's okay. Maleficent is still on the island. This is her daughter, Mal," Ben stepped in, "Don't you remember my proclamation to give the new generation a chance?"