XI. So Much More Than A Dream

XI: So Much More Than A Dream

Ashlynns POV

It was finally the morning of the Coronation, I was not really in the happy mood to go, after yesterdays events where Ben said he was dating Mal I felt like my heart was ripped into pieces, but I had no other choice than to go since my parents were going to be there. As I finish doing my hair I look down to see Jaq and Gus, but they have seem to have disappeared.

"I-I don't understand... I-" I couldn't even find the words as I look at the mirror.

"I've always dreamed

That my life could be

Like a fairy tale

A perfect fantasy

Everyday a new adventure

On some undiscovered shore

Was it nothing more

Than a dream" I look over to my desk and see the rose that Ben gave me was still in it's vase, but was dying out.

"Then one magic night

With a single dance

I found more than just a storybook romance

And for once my life was perfect

As we glided across the floor

And it was so much more

So much more than a dream

I could say it never happened

Just a dream from the start

But then I'd live my

Life with a broken heart," I grab the rose out it's vase and hug it up to my chest. I look to my right and hear crying coming from Gus. I guess they came back.

"No, no. No cry Gus-Gus. Princey knows he loves Ashie. It was just a spell!"

"What? A spell? What are you talking about?" I ask looking at them. They then start talking rapidly fast and I understood what they were saying.

"Mal?" I question as Jaq imitates her. "Spell book?" I ask as they keep recreating these small scenes. "She made a love potion with a cookie?" I gasp in shock as they kept going. They recreate a scene when Ben asked me out and when he complimented me.

"She tried to cast a love spell on Ben after he was already on one with me? She failed because of me? So all this time he's been faking that he loved me?" I ask in shock and the two mice nod their heads in sadness.

"Boys we have a-" I start to say, but was cut of by a knock on the door. Hm maybe it's Chad. I go to open my door expecting to see Chad, but instead to see Ben.

"Ash! I am so sorry, I can ex-" Before he can finish I engulf him into a huge hug and notice that he was surprised by the hug. I then feel his arms wrap around me and I sigh at the feeling.

"I know what happened and it wasn't your fault," I say letting go of him and start to remember that he has just been faking it this whole time.

"So I guess you have been faking everything since that cookie," I say sadly and start to walk away for him, just for him to take my hand before kissing it.

"I haven't been faking anything," he says making me smile.

"So are you guys done or can I talk to her too...?" I look behind Ben and see Evie at the door. Letting go of Bens hand I run over to Evie and hug her as she hugs me back.

"I'm sorry," I hear her say.

"It's ok. It's not your fault... I didn't know," I say as I pull away and see her with tears in her eyes.

"You know after the mice told me what happened I was going to come and talk to you, but I happened to find Evie and she actually told me what happened too and gave me a cupcake to break the spell," Ben says while laughing from behind us.

"Really? You broke the spell for me?" I ask her and she nods her head again. I hug her again wishing that this moment could last forever. She pulls away and goes outside to get something and coming inside with a long dress that made my mouth drop.

"I wanted to give this to you for the Coronation." She says as she hold the dress out for me.

"Eves oh my gosh! You made this?" I ask as I take it out of her hands and look at how beautiful it looked. She nods her head and put her hands together in happiness.

"Gosh Eves! I can't wear this, it's too beautiful. You should be the one wearing it not me!" I say trying to give it back, just for her to shake her head.

"No please, I insist," I layout the dress on my bed and hug her one more time.

"Ok now Ben get out and go get ready you future king," Evie said making us laugh.

"Alright, alright," he says before stopping next to me.

"I'll see you later for the carriage to pick us up," he says as he kisses my cheek before leaving and shutting the door. Wait i'm going on a carriage?

             "All done!" I look up to Evie as she finished putting on my tiara. "You look so beautiful," I stand up and look at the mirror. I don't think I've ever worn anything this beautiful, especially with a slit.

"And scandalous," I say as I bring my leg out of its slit.

"Well Bens waiting for you outside. So lets get to it," she says. We walk down the hall and I feel myself get nervous.

"A, he's gonna say that you look beautiful," she says as if she read my mind.

"I know it's just... I never... I never thought that I would be a date to one of these things," I say rubbing my hands.

"Believe me. He made the right choice picking you," Evie says making me smile. As we walk out I see Ben already standing outside of the Carriage and see his mouth drop. I grab my dress from its side to make sure not step on it and walk towards him.

"Wow, you... I... you look so beautiful." he says making me blush and look away. I feel his fingers grab my face to face him, he leans in for a kiss and making me nervous, but the moment was interrupted.

"Prince Ben, I'm very sorry to interrupt, but we do have to get going," the coachman says making Ben sigh.

"Shall we," He says sticking his hand out for me to grab.

"We shall," I say grabbing his hand and helping me up on the carriage and him following after.