♕𝐋𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐓𝐫𝐲 𝐋𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠☁

TW: cursing

      They were all collected inside, sitting on the cream-colored sofa in the decently sized living room. Patton and Logan were cuddling on one corner of the couch. Roman was on the other side waiting, impatiently, for Virgil to wake from his nap.

      They were watching Cinderella, or at least Roman was watching it. He didn't think that either of the two, on his opposite side, were paying attention.

      Roman couldn't help but lose focus after a few minutes. His mind kept wandering on and wondering how Virgil is going to react. Will he happy, upset, nervous? Roman didn't know what was causing these thoughts, but they weren't stopping. He was getting deeper and deeper into his consciousness, to the point he didn't even notice his surroundings. Everything went away as he pondered.

      After a minute he felt a light tap on his shoulder, he jumped a bit startled. He turned his head to see Patton's mother. She looked much more kind than when he first met her at the hospital.

     "Roman, may I talk with you in the kitchen?" She asked politely, giving him a soft smile. The question made Patton turn his head towards her nervously.

      "Oh, uh, sure?" Roman said back, a bit confused. He got up from his seat and walked with her to the kitchen.

      They entered the kitchen, awkward tension in the air.  Patton's mother set down the washcloth that she had been holding onto the counter. She sighed and looked at Roman.

       "I know Patton told you himself that he was sorry on our behalf, but I wanted to apologize to you myself." She began, "Roman, I am very sorry for how my husband and I acted at the hospital. I know that it was a difficult situation to be in, and we made it worse. The glances and whispers we did, and then cutting off communication with you boys and Patton was a horrible thing to do. I'm just very, very sorry." She finished. She looked immensely apologetic.

       "Mrs. Smith, It's alright. I understood that you had opinions on what was going on. Whether I agreed with them or not is a bit different. But thank you for apologizing, and thank you for caring for Patton and letting us back into his life. Not to mention letting Vi live with you, even if just temporarily." Roman smiled as he spoke, and she smiled back.

       She opened her mouth to speak again, but a groggy voice came from the living room before she could get a syllable out.

      "Patton, where did you put my- Why is. . . Isn't that Logan?" The voice questioned. Roman's smile instantly grew as he heard who it was. Virgil.

      "Yupper, and there's a surprise for you here too." He grinned and slightly giggled as he spoke.

      "What do you mean a 'surprise'? Is Princey here?" He sounded nervously excited.

      Patton's smile grew as he watched Roman creep up silently behind the emo. Logan smiled as well, holding Patton's hand tighter, as they watched Roman's loving sneak attack.

      Virgil jumped a bit as he felt someone's arms snake around his waist, incasing him in a hug.

       "Hi, Stormcloud," Roman spoke softly, resting his head on Virgil's shoulder.

       "Hey, Princey," Virgil spoke softly back. He gently leaned back into Roman's chest.

        Patton's mom watched from the kitchen doorway. She felt no resentment towards them or what they were doing. She smiled tenderly. Her mind felt at rest as she watched the boys reunite blissfully with no malice towards what they were doing.