Chapter 1

Calla's POV ~

"Girl! Come here." I hear Master's voice call from downstairs. Quickly I run out of my room and down the flight of stairs, I hope he isn't mad at me. When I made it downstairs I was met with Master who was impatiently tapping his foot on the floor.

"There you are." He smirks. I stand in front of him with my head down.

Rule #2 Never look Master in the eyes unless given permission

"How may I serve you Master?" I ask quietly.

"Well pet I have some very important guests coming over later and I want this place in perfect condition, but more importantly I want you to cook dinner." He tells me and I nod.

"Yes Master."

"Good, you have exactly one hour to get everything done, I will be in my office till then." He turns around.

"I understand Master." I say

"And pet?" He turns back around.

"Yes?" I ask.

"If you do good there might be a surprise heading your way." And with that he leaves the room.

I let out a silent squeal.

A surprise?

I never had a surprise before.

But whatever it is I will be grateful.

I quickly walk into the kitchen and start to take out the food that I would soon be preparing. Master didn't say exactly what was for dinner so I guess I had to improvise, I look in the pantry and spot a pack of spaghetti.

Everyone likes spaghetti, right?

Placing it on the table I then start to make the sauce. Once I was done I place the spaghetti in a pot and sit it on the stove to cook, while I wait for it to get ready I start to set the table for Master's guests. One by one I place a napkin and utensils down by each chair. After thirty minutes dinner was finished and everything was all set. I look around to make sure that everything was in place to Master's liking. When I was for sure that everything was in order I stood in the doorway waiting for Master's return. What felt like eternity I hear footsteps descend from the stairs.

"I see that you did your job." Master says as he walks by me.

"Yes Master." I whisper.

"Smells delightful." He compliments. I almost smile in appreciation.

The ring of the door bell gains my attention as my head shoots up. Master gives me a knowing look and I immediately put my head back down.

"Well it looks like out guests have arrived." He places his finger under my chin and slowly raises it. When I meet his eyes he gives me a sly grin.

"Let's eat."

//

Everyone was seated at the table while I stood next to Master. Girl was not allowed to eat at the table, in fact I didn't even get a plate.

"I take it that everything is well done." Master asks.

"Sure is Jack." I hear some guy say.

"I agree, it tastes magnificent." Another voice says.

"Good. How about you Alpha Styles?" I slowly look up to see a tall curly headed man talking to Master.

"It's very good Jack." His husky voice said. Seems to me that he held an accent.