Chapter Five

A/N: In case you guys didn't see the announcement, I decided to post this chapter a little early in celebration of reaching 500 followers 😄 Thank you guys again for your support, I love you all loads ❤️❤️ Also in celebration of 500 followers, I posted a new Harry Potter Imagines book to go with my Marvel one, so go check it out! I'd be happy to take any requests if you all have them 😄 This book is still my first priority, but it's a lot of fun for me to do little short works too 😄 Hope you're all doing well, and enjoy the early update! ❤️❤️❤️

****************

I ended up just telling Percy the truth when he asked me about joining the Ministry while we were walking back to the disapparition point to head home. I didn't want to lie, and he actually took my explanation of joining Stark Industries and the rest of my family pretty well.

I got the impression he was going to keep trying to change my mind though.

Fred and George grilled me about my Ministry visit as soon as I got home, of course. They expected me to hate it, and they were ready for a full rant about it after (or maybe even during) dinner. Needless to say, they were surprised to hear I actually enjoyed the visit.

"So what you're saying is, you're going to go work with Percy in some ridiculous, meaningless job after graduation?" joked Fred.

"Hell no! I liked the visit, that doesn't mean I want to work there."

The twins and I laughed for a while about that, and they told me all about their dream of opening a joke shop.

"We're gonna make it real Alexa," said George wistfully. "Just wait."

"I absolutely believe it. And I'm confident it'll be amazing."

The twins and I hung out in their room most of Thursday night, and when I went down to Ginny's room we were both about ready to turn off the lights. However, in classic sleepover fashion, we didn't go to bed for another two hours at least; we just laid in bed, talking the night away.

Thank God I got to sleep in on Friday. I was no stranger to jet lag, but staying up late and getting up early on top of switching time zones was seriously messing with me. I got up around eleven Friday morning and wandered downstairs with Ginny, who had also slept in from our late night talk.

"Well, there are the two sleepyheads!" called Mrs. Weasley happily, gesturing to me and Ginny as we walked into the kitchen. "I made some breakfast for you two and I managed to keep it warm."

"Thanks mom."

"Thanks Mrs. Weasley!"

"You're welcome dears." She gave us a sweet smile, then turned back to the dishes while Ginny and I sat down to eat.

Fred and George were already at the table. Apparently they'd woken up a bit earlier than us.

"So Alexa, I'm glad you enjoyed visiting the Ministry with Percy yesterday," said Mrs. Weasley, talking over her shoulder.

"Yeah! It was really cool to see where he and Mr. Weasley work. The Ministry building is absolutely beautiful."

"It really is," she agreed. Ginny and I munched on our food a little longer, and then Fred spoke up.

"Hey! Alexa, you get to meet Bill and Charlie tonight!" he said excitedly, sitting up in his chair.

"Wait really? Heck yes! You guys talk about them so much, I'm glad I'll finally get to meet them!"

"They're both taking some time off work for the World Cup," continued George. "They get in tonight. What time are they coming again mum?"

"They're supposed to be here a bit before dinner," she said happily. "It's wonderful that you'll get to meet them. Bill works as a curse breaker for Gringotts! He got twelve N.E.W.T.s like Percy."