Chapter Thirty-Eight

A/N: Harry Osborn shows back up in this chapter. He only showed up once in the last book, so I thought I'd remind people that he's a character from the comics and some of the animated Spider-Man shows that hasn't made an appearance in the MCU. He's honestly not that important of a character, but I love him, so he's staying 😂😂 Also, this chapter is dedicated to Reese1116Piano for making the absolute coolest soundtrack/theme song for Alexa and her journey at Hogwarts I ever could've asked for. The link is on my message board if you want to check it out!!

****************

Madam Pomfrey got us healed up pretty quickly, but she kept us in the tent anyway as the other champions came back in pairs. Nobody managed to escape the dragon completely unscathed, but I breathed a sigh of relief I hadn't realized I'd been holding when Harry walked through the door. We'd all made it. We'd all survived the first task, and the first task had been freaking dragons.

Cedric and I were swarmed by people just about the second we set foot outside the med tent. All our friends were the first ones there, jumping up and down and wrapping us in hugs so tight it made me wince.

"YOU BEAT THE DRAGON!" the twins screamed at the tops of their lungs, jumping up and down and looking a little like popcorn in the middle of the growing crowd.

"I'm actually a little glad that wasn't me now!" Angelina laughed, pulling me into a tight hug before turning to Cedric.

"Your dad's gonna kill you!" Of course that was Jackson's comment. I tried to glare at him, but he pulled me in for the tightest hug yet, and I was so surprised I forgot to give him an angry look when he pulled away.

The next few moments were a blur of hugging, yelling, and the most elated feeling imaginable. I couldn't tell if it was five minutes or five seconds, but suddenly Charlie Weasley was by my side again, physically lifting me off the ground in a hug.

"THANK GOD YOU'RE ALRIGHT!" he yelled as he swung me around a few times before setting me down. "That was amazing Alexa! And Cedric, good job!"

"Thanks, Charlie!"

"Listen, I have to go in a minute, but you two are supposed to go back to the champions' tent, Bagman wants to see everybody—"

"Charlie, how did we do? I didn't notice our score," I said, grabbing him by the arm before he could rush off again.

"You're in third! You two got thirty-six, Krum and Milena are tied with Harry in first at forty. Look, I'm hoping I can get time off to come see the second task, but good luck if I can't! I really have to go, but I'll see you soon I hope!"

He pulled me into another tight hug, said a quick goodbye to the twins, and just like that he'd disappeared into the crowd again. Cedric and I made our way back to the champions tent through the cheering and screaming crowds, with a little help from our friends to clear the way. We saw Viktor and Milena on our way, and I waved them over to come join us.

"Glad you survived!" I yelled over the noise of everyone around us.

"You too."

"You two'll have to tell us how you did it when we finally get out of here! Congrats on first place!"

"Thank you."

"Congratulations to the two of you as well. You are only a few points behind us." I grinned at Milena. I appreciated her being so friendly, and every single positive emotion was being amplified times eleven right now.

Cedric managed to pick up Fleur and Marc on our way to the tent too, and even though they were in last place neither of them were even the least bit snotty. They were in just as good of moods as the rest of us.