Chapter Fifteen

A/N: I'm working on a really angsty oneshot about the Weasleys after Fred's death right now and writing it is a little upsetting, so I'm making an exception to my no spoilers rule. If you guys don't want to know anything, skip the rest of this Author's Note. This story isn't going to follow canon exactly, and one of the perks of that is that Fred Weasley is 100% without a doubt not dying. I know that's still a couple books away, but just telling you all now is making me feel better while I'm writing this oneshot 😂😂😂 Also, next update's coming in three days instead of the usual four in the spirit of getting everybody back to school.

****************

I woke up early the next morning, unable to sleep through my excitement any more. We were finally going back to Hogwarts!

Mr. Weasley had to run out the door before breakfast, going back to the Ministry to deal with another crisis. Cedric's dad appeared in the fireplace to give him the news, and Mrs. Weasley tossed him a piece of toast through the fire (somehow) before he left.

"Alright, everyone! Go get your trunks and make sure you're ready to leave on time!" called Mrs. Weasley once her husband was safely out the door.

"Let us know if we can help any," said Bill, standing from the table with the rest of us.

"Yeah, Bill and I are gonna come see you all off," Charlie seconded.

"Really?" asked Fred. Both of the older boys nodded. "Then come get our trunks!"

Bill and Charlie rolled their eyes, but to my surprise, they actually headed upstairs to help the twins. I was pretty much done packing, but I started upstairs just to double check anyway.

"How about you Perce?" I asked, stopping short of the stairs. "Are you coming with us?"

"Oh, I really couldn't Alexa. Not at a time like this. Mr. Crouch is really starting to rely on me, and he needs me in the office." Percy had his nose in the air the entire time he spoke, and I honestly couldn't believe he hadn't had any kind of wake up call to the BS yet.

I just nodded slowly in response, not quite ready to end the conversation.

"Does he know your name yet?" I finally asked. I made sure it came out as a genuine question, instead of the teasing he'd been getting from the twins. Percy flushed bright red and wouldn't look at me, which was all the answer I needed.

I headed upstairs, and although I didn't need to do any more packing for Hogwarts, I was going out and about at King's Cross. The car service was discreet, so they wouldn't call the media or anything if they saw Tony Stark's daughter getting in a car with a bunch of owls, but everyone else at King's Cross might. I didn't want to risk it, especially since that would bring insane media attention to the Weasleys if I was recognized. Everyone would want to know who I was disappearing with, since I wouldn't be back in the muggle world for the next six months.

So, while Ginny and Hermione put the final touches on their packing, I pulled up my hair and put on a hat and sunglasses. A baggy sweatshirt completed the look that had saved me many media swarms in the past.

"What the hell are you wearing?" asked Fred as we came down the stairs together.

"Don't worry about it," I said, trying to brush the question off. I should've known that wouldn't work.

"Are you wearing a disguise?" asked Fred.

"Is this because of your dad?" asked George, coming down the stairs and joining the conversation. I continued on to the living room without answering, but when we all gathered downstairs together Fred and George's questions were echoed throughout our group.