Chapter 32 ~ Memories.

When I woke I couldn't speak.

I was surprised I could even breathe.

I knew we were off the ship. I knew before I even opened my eyes.
The bed I was placed in was even larger than the one on the ship, the mattress softer than anything I have laid on before and the silk sheets cocooned my body in a suffocating way while I remained stiff as a board.

I only opened my eyes once I was sure I was alone and as soon as my blue eyes took in the world around me they watered instantly, knowing that the world was missing something vital.

No.

Someone vital.

I sat up slowly, my arms wrapping around myself and as I glanced down, noticing a bite in the air I dully noted that all I was wearing was a silk blue nightgown.

But I couldn't dredge up any sense of care or even anger, all I can do is pull the blanket higher up my body and lean against the headboard.

Glancing around the room I find the walls painted cream and the overall look of the room is bright and friendly.

There is a large glass french door along the left wall and tilting my head I notice that it leads to a light wooden balcony with a small table and two chairs next to it.
The doors are open and I can feel the warm breeze of the ocean halt the tear tracks running down my cheeks but I make no effort to explore further.

Finding the sunny, warm day mocking as I sink deeper into the bed and sniffle softly.

I don't know how long I remained in that position staring at the wall in front of me before Rosik swayed into the room.

My body was numb and almost feverish yet the sight of him still caused me to wrap the blankets even tighter around my body.

Rosik paused at the sight of me, taking in my huddled form with a slight frown but I found no sympathy in it.

"I didn't know that you were awake. I thought you'd go exploring."
Rosik softly says as he wanders over to the bed and I surprisingly don't flinch as Rosik settles on the edge of the bed beside me, placing his warm palm on my covered knee.

I remain silent, tears still slowly falling from my lashes and I return my gaze to the wall, wanting to block everything out once more.

My hands softly grip the blanket and as I tighten my hold my right wrist begins to spasm, yet I continue gripping the blanket tighter and tighter, until my wrist begins to burn.

"Hey, how about I give you a tour?
That would be nice, you can see your new home!" Rosiks words are filled with false cheer and I can't help but cringe from the volume and shake my head, attempting to dismiss him.

However I don't know why I bothered because of course Rosik wouldn't take no for an answer and promptly throws the blanket onto the ground in one elaborate sweeping motion.

Slowly, like a sloth I force my hands to move and one hand tugs down the nightgown while the other attempts to cover my chest.
Tugging the bottom down did little good as it barely brushes mid-thigh and glancing at Rosik I swallow thickly as his eyes brush up and down my form.

"O-Or we could stay here I suppose..." Rosik whispers licking his lips and his words provide me with a boost of adrenaline and I shove myself onto my feet, hugging my arms tightly and I softly sway to attempt to calm myself.

Rosiks lust is smothering but thankfully he distracts himself and wanders over to a light wooden wardrobe, pulling it open he reveals a long matching silk blue nightgown and tosses it at me.